A place to post-by-post roleplay!


You are not connected. Please login or register

Playground of the Omniverse IC

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 11 of 12]

251 Re: Playground of the Omniverse IC on Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:12 pm

Rhaevnn Xeno

avatar
Forum God
Forum God
~IN THE BEGINNING~

Old Boar's Inn; Kuroda's Quarters
Time: Fourth Hour and Third Quarter of Middday

[Chad/Ayuna]

Chad's words were making the futuristic man great friends; after all who doesn't like a good looking, sharp witted, sarcastic man? Apparently, as Chad felt the heel of a boot come crashing down on his right shoulder, the ground was very happy to make best of friends with Chad. "Keep talking, child." Ayuna hissed as a kunai's tip roughly pierced itself onto the back of Chad's neck. "You'll see how far it gets you."

A tense moment overcame any other dialogue - it would be certain that the young kitsune was struggling to decide whether or not to kill Chad, or so said the point pressing harder and harder, her breathing becoming more intensified with each passing moment. However, a decision would be made: getting off Chad with a kick to the ribs, Ayuna growled, "You say how can you save the city? Do you even know what this city is?" The ninja kicked him again, easily flipping the downed man (assuming Chad had not risen from the previous harsh blow). Grabbing him by the neck, green eyes bored into his own. "Do you know how long I've been fighting for this city?" Without another word, Ayuna began to drag Chad, either on the ground or on his feet, that would be up to the man. Eventually they would make their way to what appeared to be a window, which the kitsune threw open, throwing Chad out with practically same action and then barreling out herself. If Chad could not recover while in the air, a cord would find itself punched itself into the detective and would reel him to where Ayuna was squatting on the rooftop, mask already over her mouth. "Look at it."

Before Chad, sprawled the first tier of Tutmose: The Lows. From the rooftops, it truly showed all that it was: a struggling ghetto, amongst the all the filth the Omniverse had to offer. Fumes, both of machine and garbage hung in the air over dilapidated buildings reaching no more over than three stories high, creating a jagged skyline amongst the dirt and grime. Dark words spilled from Ayuna's mouth as her voice raked over the air with contempt and hatred, "You speak as if you have been defending this city all your life - you're fresh off the boat, gaijin." From their mask, her eyes glared at Chad, "I do not run from danger or problems - I run to them, for the people who are too weak and too helpless to live in this world. You say you know so much about me and how you can save this city, but you cannot. You cannot because you know nothing of this city, Chad Funk, and you never will."

With those final words, from her crouched position, she sprung over the alley to the opposite rooftop and began to sprint to what appeared to be the next one...

++++

Old Boar's Inn; Main Room
Time: Fourth Hour and Third Quarter of Midday

[Vin]

Vin's choice of action had gone unnoticed, though it would have gone unnoticed even in the most private of places in the Old Boar's Inn. The man tripped, but quickly recovered, grumbling something incoherent. All the same, the blunder of the individual would be enough to cause a few guffaws to be issued, as well as gather some attention to the departing individual.

As for the contact Vin was waiting for, it wouldn't have to be something to be terribly worried about - this person in question was someone that the thief had worked for before, even if it was indirectly. However, something was different this time. The young thief had been given something and was told to bring it the meeting: a trinket, its eye strangely moving every few minutes, though there would be no apparent pattern to its shifty movements. It seemed to be made of some type of metal and a rare gem, but if he attempted to manipulate it, it would always prove to be impossible. Despite the possible oddities of this meeting, something was clear: the payment that he had received from the previous contract he had performed for this individual would be clearly doubled, if not tripled - but this could only be the assumed haggling of price and rest of the gathering of information.

Vin had been waiting for sometime now, however. If he had been in possession of a watch, he would have already been waiting for the arrival of his contact for more than three hours - which was incredibly odd, for his client seemed to be the type of person who prided himself on punctuality. It could possibly be his location, or perhaps something was just holding him up. There was another room behind the back of his booth. Whenever the tall swinging doors had opened, he always caught a glimpse of a dark and dimly lit room...

If he chose to up and move into the room (which apparently was named "Booth's Room, or so said the emblazoned wooden plaque above its doors' arch), his previous glimpses would only confirm the nature of this room: it was definitely dark, and definitely dimly lit. Strange glowing torches gave off a dull red light, giving the room a somewhat eerie glow. If looked at more closely, the "torches" would be a red gem with a stick attached at the bottom. Regardless, finding a place to sit would be more difficult than expected; many booths would be occupied and he would get the feeling he were interrupting something rather important when he came across an occupied booth. However, if he searched hard enough, he could find a booth. That being said, there was another exit in sight...

But, if Vin decided to stay put, a waitress, who seemed to be no more than a child, struggled with a tray that was three times her size, peeped over the table top, asking the same question she had asked every time she had passed, "You wan' anything, misturh?"

++++

???; The Back
Time: Fourth Hour and Second Quarter of Midday

[Jojo]

Jojo's annoyed look seemed to anger the merchant further, as well as her attempts to throw off his grip (which was rather strong, particularly for how small in stature he was). However, once she mentioned her name, his grip loosened as a bushy eyebrow rose over his dark glasses. "Well, now, maybe you aren't as bad as I thought..." He gave her a good look up-down before completely releasing her. "You one of those new arrivals, Jojo?" If she gave any positive recognition, he would nod, folding his arms, "Where'd you come from?"

++++

???; ???
Time: ???

[Alec]

The Caster of Shadows had no immediate response. It seemed as he were in shock, for the world around god and demigod held still - not a sound was to be heard but the breathing of Alec and howling of the wind in the icy treetops. The Crow's bird-like eyes looked from twig to Alec and then back to the twig, holding it betwixt his forefinger and thumb. Suddenly, strangely, he let out a single laugh and which then broke into several laughs, and then hysterical, cawing laughter. "Perhaps you're not much as a fool as I expected, Alec Drop Bass!" He cackled, tucking the small twig into his robes, "It has been a many soul since I have seen a trick such as that!" The umbrella's tip swung back to the icy ground with a crunch, and then two more smashes of ice as it punctured it again, the death god regaining his composure. "Very well, your soul is your own, Alec. But as for safe passage from this world, that will be your own endeavor!" He turned and took two steps forward before carefully looking over his shoulder, "Unless you want the free ticket to the world you so love - that I could give you!" His eye, that looked over his shoulder, glinted in the dim light, waiting for Alec's response..."



Last edited by Rhaevnn Xeno on Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://goinghobbitstyle.tumblr.com/

252 Re: Playground of the Omniverse IC on Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:01 am

allgod777


Newbie
Newbie
Vin looked around once more to seek his contact. Where could he be, he thought. It was unlike him to be this late. While he was a lying son of a bitch, he was also extremely punctual. And the request that he bring the trinket was very odd indeed.

At this time, Vin noticed a room attached to the back of his booth. Whenever the tall swinging doors opened, he always caught a glimpse of a dark and dimly lit room. Vin reached over and gently eased the door open to get a better view. Poking his head through, he could make out the other features of the room. The Booth’s Room, as it was labeled by the sign over the door, was extremely dimly lit. Strange glowing torches gave off a dull red light, giving the room a somewhat eerie glow. Upon further inspection, the “torches” appeared to be some sort of red stone or gem with a stick attached to the bottom.

Regardless, while this strange room did include seating in the form of booths, it appeared that they were nearly all occupied. Getting the feeling from the ambient hushed conversations taking place, Vin got the impression he would be interrupting something rather private should he disturb any occupied booth and began to search for a table absent of coin pouches or mugs to indicate the presence of an occupant.

He found one near the back, fortunately not far from the exit in case he decided this wasn’t the place he was needed. However, he felt sort of at home here. These were the people of the underground. His people. And while they may not pay any mind to this newcomer named Red, the legendary Vin Kelsier is among the most renowned criminal masterminds in the underground.

Red sat and assumed the poise of a man who belonged there. Still unsure of what was to come, he fingered his coin pouch and pondered as to what could possibly be the significance of the eye trinket to either his contact or his client, Vin Kessler.

253 Re: Playground of the Omniverse IC on Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:07 pm

eraldocoil

avatar
Keyboard Puncher
Keyboard Puncher
Chad Master Funk

Ayuna drags Chad outside and have him look at the rotten city as she lectures him, "I do not run from danger or problems - I run to them, for the people who are too weak and too helpless to live in this world. You say you know so much about me and how you can save this city, but you cannot. You cannot because you know nothing of this city, Chad Funk, and you never will." With that she sprints off over the roof tops.

"For someone who doesn't run away from problems, she sure likes to... run away" Chad mutters to himself annoyed as he cuts himself down from the cord. But what she told Chad sunk into him, he should educate himself about the city, and what better way to do it than to explore it! "I wonder why she is always in a rush? I should follow her without letting her know, and see where that takes me. If anything happens, I can still use the tracking device." Chad dusts his shoulder off with a confident smile, pulls out his music player and turns on some music, before putting his parkour skills into action.

play music

Chad leaps over the rooftop in pursuit of Ayuna, "Love this song!" Chad thought to himself gleefully as he keeps up with the kitsune from a distance. He performs all sorts of impressive leaps, flips and stunts as he moves through obstacles. His physical conditioning is impressive even for human standards, as he could probably compete with Olympic athletes in almost any sport. As he follows her, he gets a better view of her back and womanly curves. "Hehe, there's no way I'm losing track of that ass though" he muses to himself, gaining more motivation to follow her, however strange it may be.

Alec Drop Bass

"Free ticket?" Alec asks curiously stepping down from his seated position. "You mean a way to go back to my own world?" Alec lifts an eye brow in disbelief. Although the opportunity to return home is promising, the fact that it was coming from this conniving Crow made Alec wary. "Of course, if its coming from you it would hardly be considered 'free'. Explain yourself..." Alec demanded, patiently waiting for the Crow's response.

JoJo

"New arrivals?" Joanna asks confused. "I don't know what you mean by that, but aren't we supposed to be in Rio?" Just then it occurred to her that she's been speaking English this whole time. If she was still in Rio de Janeiro, she would be speaking Portuguese not English, although tourists are common there. She was so used to speaking English in New York that she didn't even notice the language change and it naturally came to her.

Joanna is finally realizing that she is no longer in Brazil. Although a little shocked that she ended up in another country, she kept her calm and asks, "Where are we anyway? United States? England? Australia?". Unfortunately the names of those countries would probably make no sense to the short man, as she doesn't realize that she is in a completely different world.

254 Re: Playground of the Omniverse IC on Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:50 pm

Pajamas

avatar
Lurker
Lurker
[Nieet]

Nieet felt her body resting, lying on something soft. A bed? Without a movement she jerked into consciousness. She opened her eyes and light rushed forward blinding her for a moment. The green of her irises was hardly visibly, her eyes were completely dilated. Her heart pulsed like it never had before. She felt rage, joy, sorrow, and pain all at once. She swore she could hear color and taste sound. She felt an unsurmountable surge of strength welling in every inch of her flesh.

As her vision quickly returned she zeroed in on the rage after what she saw. All at once she would move. One fluid motion. Left unchecked things would unfold just like this:

“FUCK!!!!” She would scream at the exact same time that she kicked her right leg up into the lower chest of the horse-fucker at the exact time she bent at the waist pulling her torso up forcing the horse-fucker off her breasts at the exact same time she took both hands and tore the head off the closest power tool wielding minion ripping its spine out along with the head. The force of the blows would knock one minion off the bed and then in the second equally fluid movement she would kick with the full force of her left leg likely sending the horse fucker to the floor at the exact same time she grabbed the last minion and bitch slapped the other through a wall. With her last movement she took the minion still in her hand by the head, flipped its body upside down by the neck, and then drove it head first into her crotch which was meet with a sickening crunch as it made fast contact with her titanium chastity belt. The remaining minions, likely on the floor now, would be dispatched under Nieet’s stomping feet as she got out of the bed.

If the horse freak and his minions were fast enough to have fought back the outcome might have been a bit more gruesome. Assuming they even had the reaction time needed to counter her current speed that is.

She was fast now and strong. She liked it. She had an unreal sort of head rush; Nieet felt high, so high and she never wanted to come down.

The minions would be dead. She would stand up and loom over the crumpled horse-fucker with minion blood clothing her bare chest and scream “NO ONE FUCKS ME!!!” Her breathing was slow and steady, her heart raced but she stood calm. She hadn’t even broken a sweat. An old memory flashed before her eyes and she threw her arm behind a clenched fist through the nearest wall.

Nieet would gather herself and turn again to the horse-fucker. Assuming he was still conscious she would speak to him calmly. Her voice hushed as she said, “Where’s my fucking hammer?”

255 Re: Playground of the Omniverse IC on Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:44 pm

Rhaevnn Xeno

avatar
Forum God
Forum God
~IN THE BEGINNING~

Old Boar's Inn; Kuroda's Quarters
Time: Fifth Hour of Midday

[Chad M.F./Ayuna]

Chad's movements, however, would not go unnoticed for long. Not three alleys, the detective would notice Ayuna look back over her left shoulder before putting on some extra speed - the chase would begin.

For several buildings, Chad would find himself in the foot race of his life - she was fast, very fast. While Chad would be able to keep up with her for some time, he would find himself lagging behind after three or four rooftops. At this point, he would be pushed to his limits and the kitsune ninja showed signs of slowing. Suddenly, she would drop down into any alley and disappear from sight.

By the time Chad caught up to her drop-off point, he would find she was to be no where in sight. To the left, a large marketsquare would be present with a throng of peoples, all shapes, sizes, and types milling about in search of whatever wares they wanted to buy or sell. While he could on to pursue, something else would catch his attention: a plea of help.

"Someone, anyone, help me!" With this, a choice was presented to the Master Funk:

If Chad chose to help, he would only have to turn right twice in the maze of alleys. There, he would see at the end of alley, a small figure garbed from head to toe in loose cloth, with three (1, 2, 3 thugs standing over it, weapons (1, 2, 3) in hand. As Chad arrived, all present would look to the detective. One of the thugs would step threateningly towards Chad, shaking his weapon dangerously. "What'chu look'n at, fucker?"

If Chad chose to continue pursuing Ayuna, he would find navigating through the crowd easier said then done. The mob of shoppers and sellers was suffocating, claustrophobic. Finding anyone in this would be impossible for the naked eye. However, while finding Ayuna would be difficult, the detective could find other things that he had been previously looking for, namely someone who sold weapons of the future, or said a sign that said "George Barton, Master Mechanic" on a refurbished and forgotten pool table

Or the robot that was sitting on a shattered wooden counter, fixing a piece of engine.

++++

Old Boar's Inn; Pavilion Warehouse
Time: Fifth Hour of Midday

[Nieet]

Nieet's actions were powerful, vicious, and above all, violent. However, her carnage was not as much as she had hoped.

"Hey, bitch, you're awake! Good, now we can have even more fu--!" The horse merchant 's voice cut off with a gasping grunt, Nieet's knee full connecting with his horse chest, the audible crunch of bone in the air as he practically reared off the bed in a heavy heap. Meanwhile, all present minions fell from their perch atop of the platinum chastity belt, scatted by their master's abrupt movement. Power tools sprawled randomly all over the floor as their owners let them loose; the jackhammer rattled violently on the ground as the buzzsaw whizzed around like a bladed snake.

Chaos had been invited.

One of the minions attempted to leap on top of the enraged teenage girl, a brave squeal sounding over the incoming battle as the two others desperately tried to get control of the situation; the power tools were ripping up and destroying anything precious nearby. The result? One flew and splatted onto the wall, a metallic clang issuing from the impact and left a bloody trail as the attacking minion slid to the luxurious carpeted ground. Meanwhile, both remaining minions managed to get ahold of their power tools under control quickly (and good thing too, as the buzzsaw was about to clip the minions' master). Unfortunately for the one near the head of the bed, he would lose grip of his jackhammer as Nieet's vengeful grasp found itself on him head, which was quickly pulverized against her virginity keeper.

As Nieet rose and turned her attentions to her would-be-rapist, she would find him slowly rising upward, recovering shakily from his fall. The remaining minion would spinning the buzzsaw, standing between her and the horse merchant. With a drooling mouth, the merchant would answer Nieet demands, "Fuck you, you fucking lunatic psycho bitch! You ain't getting nottin' from meh!"

If she made another physical move, the merchant would issue a sound from his mouth, "PSST!" as three more shrilly screams issued above her, two small bodies falling on top of her head as the buzzsaw minion charged forward, brandishing his deadly saw...

++++

Old Boar's Inn; Booth Room
Time: Fifth Hour and First Quarter of Midday

[Vin]

Once Vin had setttled in, he would find himself waiting for another quarter of time. However, this could prove to be relaxing; the Booth Room was, compared to the rest of the inn, was quite quiet. Surprisingly, the only real sounds he would be able to hear was the apparent distant murmuring of other patrons within the same room with him, coupled with the tinkling of glass, metal, and coin. "Red" had assumed correctly: here, was the underground, and here he was home.

If any other thoughts had come, they would have to wait, for they were interrupted by an individual. His face would impossible to see, and the only visible part of him would be his bound hands and his deathly pale, lower half of his chin. The slightest tilt of his hat would indicate a possible greeting before the loosely garbed man slid into the booth, opposite of Vin.

Silence would sit between both man and Vin until a waiter, dressed in a pinstriped suit and carrying a white towelette on his right forearm in true waiter fashion came forward. An immediate pressuring presence would come across Vin's head as the alien spoke, his voice calm as still water. "How may I serve you gentlemen?" Vin's guest would tap the table thrice, and the grey man would nod, "Very good sir. And you?" He asked, directing his attention to the young thief. If Vin ordered or did not, it would matter. The waiter would nod and walk away, assumedly to fulfill his customer's order.

The pause between both men would continue, allowing Vin to possible notice some things. The robe's sleeves had script, practically invisible due it being almost the same color as the blackened robes. His hat would be made of some sort of grass or other plant, and yet, it would be apparently impossibly strong. His skin would be pale as a full moon, though there was no clear evidence of a vampire. The way he held himself, he could be important or working for someone important. Also, a trained eye could see that he was holding one, perhaps two weapons under his robes, close to his chest.

However, above all else, Vin would know something for sure: this man was not his usual contact.

++++

???; The Back
Time: Fifth Hour of Midday

[Jojo]

The dwarven man would chuckle deeply, "No missy, you ain't anywhere near those places." All aggression seemed to melt in a gruff friendliness as he continued, "No, you're in a place much bigger than you and me." Suddenly, his face darkened and the weight of the world seemed to come over his shoulders. With a weary sigh, he beckoned her, "Common, Jojo. You'd better get something to drink while I tell you this."

With that, he would disappear into the room to the right. If Jojo followed the dwarf, she would find herself in a cozy office, complete with two plush armchairs in front of a fireplace. To the left of the fireplace, a thick well built desk would stand, covered with organized stacks of papers, and an even larger armchair behind it. Her newfound friend would shuffle over a cabinet, removing two bottles of wine, turning back to her. "Wine? Coffee? Tea?" If Jojo chose any of the three, he would begin to pour them into two tall tankards and proceed to hand hers as he spoke, "Where you've come, m'dear, is a place that some would call hell, some would call heaven. No one knows how they got here or why, but it's all the same. Its the center of all things, The Crossroads, if you will."

He took a large, messy gulp of wine, some of it spilling onto his beard...

++++

???; ???
Time: ???

[Alec]

Gloved fingers would play with the pommel of his umbrella as the Caster of Shadows chuckled coldly, "Well, I speaking along more of the lines of leaving this place," He gestured to the frozen forest around them, "Though I can help you leave my domain as well, if you wish." Both hands back on the umbrella. "This, of course, would require two prices - what are you willing to trade, Alec?"

http://goinghobbitstyle.tumblr.com/

256 Re: Playground of the Omniverse IC on Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:51 pm

allgod777


Newbie
Newbie
Vin glances first at the waiter, then at the unknown man across from him. Due to years of practice and conditioning, Vin quickly observes a few things about the gentlemen across from him. First, the hat the man wears appears to be constructed of some sort of plant, yet he can tell it is incredibly strong. Second, his skin is a ghostly pale, as if that of a vampire, however, having run across his share in his exploits, Vin doesn't see any of the other telltale signs. Third, he appears to hold himself in high regard, as if either being important himself or representing someone who is. Lastly, and this one almost slipped by him, what at first glance appeared to be just a black sleeve to the man's rode, in fact has some sort of script written on it, although Vin is unable to read it.

Turning back to the waiter, Vin decides to follow the example of the man before him and raps his hand on the table. Knock. Knock. Knock. The waiter then nods and walks away, presumably to carry out whatever orders he had just received.

Shifting his attention once more, Vin reaches with his metallic senses to see if he could discern anything else about this strange man. The only thing he knew for sure was that he was not the man he had intended to meet with.

257 Re: Playground of the Omniverse IC on Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:33 pm

eraldocoil

avatar
Keyboard Puncher
Keyboard Puncher
Chad Master Funk

Chad jumped down from the rooftop in pursuit of Ayuna, however his chase was cut short with a cry from the distance "Someone, anyone, help me!" Unable to ignore the cry for help, Chad stops his search for Ayuna, and chases the source of the cry of distress. After two right turns he finds a garbed small looking person being ganged up by three other monstrous figures. Before Chad got any closer he stopped and pondered for a moment, analyzing the situation from behind the corner of the wall.

"I'm not sure if this is a good idea. Knowing how sketchy this town is, this could just be a set up for anyone who tries to come in and help. And besides shouldn't Ayuna be here? There is no way she wouldn't hear this. Ugh, I don't want to waste time fighting these guys either, but... I got an idea!" Chad throws a smoke bomb at the gang. Unfortunately the victim got caught in the smoke as well, causing them to be blinded, and choke on the smoke. Chad seizes the opportunity and rushes in stealthily past the gang and comes to the side of the garbed person. "I'm here to save you" he assures to the victim in a hushed voiced, however, this could give Chad's position away and one of the thugs could grab on to Chad right before he can teleport, forcing Chad to stay and fight.

If Chad, manages to escape in time, he would teleport to the rooftop and carry the small garbed person a couple of rooftops away from the goons, suspecting that they will figure a way to follow him. After Chad made some distance from them, he drops the person on the ground and takes some steps away from the stranger he just saved. "Who are you? And what did those guys want with you?" Chad asks the garbed person. He is expecting the three goons to come back in a few minutes, depending on the strangers answer Chad may stay or run away to continue his search for Ayuna...

Alec Drop Bass

Although it may have been a better idea to strike a deal with the Crow, Alec's pride as a "god" got in the way of that. "I'd rather figure my own way out of here. After all, what kind of 'god' would I be if I refuse such a challenge." Before he heads off to find his way out, he waits to see if the Crow has any final remarks...

JoJo

"The Crossroads?" She asks sipping her coffee. "What do you mean by, people don't know how they got here? What is this place exactly?" Joanna asks curiously. Joanna leans forward on her chair, showing interest in the dwarven man's explanation...

258 Re: Playground of the Omniverse IC on Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:58 am

Sessamaru

avatar
Lurker
Lurker
[Kresnik]
Kresnik stared at the merchant with a sharp gaze, witnessing the strange spectacle that the merchant performed. The dhampir did not enjoy the display nor did he find it any more strange than the way other showman's tried to intrigue a buyer. Ultimately, such things were used to con their target consumers. "If gold is what you need, then I have plenty of it. Perhaps a more dismal change in scenery is preferred for this buy?" He asked, jingling his coinpurse for added emphasis.

"I'm searching for... a body. A female body, freshly killed. As well as some... questionable... paraphernalia. Again, a change in scenery would be much preferred. After all, we do not wish for unwanted... ears... to catch wind of this purchase." Kresnik added, again jingling his coinpurse.

+++++++++++++

[Nihil]
[Coming Soon]

259 Twin Blades on Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:47 pm

Pajamas

avatar
Lurker
Lurker
[Nieet]

Nieet’s calm stayed her long enough to size things up a bit more. The freak was well wounded but strong and still clearly conscious. She felt much stronger than he looked. Mechanical noises from the feral power tools filled the air with anticipation. One of the little bastards sprawled to its feet as its fuck-freak master rose to all four of his. The girthing ass spouted words from its ugly maw. Nieet only cared to hear:

“You ain't getting nottin' from meh!"

That tore her out of her composure. She threw her arms down with clenched fists that it would shake floor of most buildings, and screamed at the top of her lungs at an inhuman decibel,

“YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHO YOU’RE MESSING WITH!!! I’M NIEET NIGHTENGALE AND THE WORLD IS MY BITCH!!!! I’M GOING TO RIP YOUR DICK OFF YOU CUNT!!!!!!!!

Should this outburst signal further reinforcements Nieet would move like lightning just like this:
First, she would pull two of the falling minions out of the air by their throats and squeeze down through the flesh to the bone, blood gore bursting through her fingers. With a grip on their spines she would lash both arms, one up and one before her. The bodies of the little bastards in her hands would slide right off their respective spines, leaving Nieet wielding two scorpion styled spinal blades. If her aim was true enough the dismembered corpses would fly towards the little bastard with the saw. With any luck that would leave the horse-fucker open to her hideous onslaught… at least until she had a hammer or a severed dick in her possession.

260 Re: Playground of the Omniverse IC on Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:09 am

Rhaevnn Xeno

avatar
Forum God
Forum God
~IN THE BEGINNING~

The Lows; Market District
Time: Fifth Hour and First Quarter of Midday

[Chad M.F./Ayuna]

Chad's plan of rescue, in theory, was a good one. The smoke caused a general chaos as two of the three thugs blindly swung about, hacking and cursing as they stumbled about blindly. However, Chad's assumption of discovery was on point - they heard his comforting words to the victim, though it too was gagging on the blinding smoke. On top of this, one thug was unaffected by the smoke and snarled in a reptilian manner. A clawed hand lashed out, snatching at the covered person, who proceeded to give a screeching scream in a clearly feminine voice. "You ain't go'in nowhere, pretty!" His gravely voice cried out as he dragged her backward.

This action, however, would not prevent from the futuristic detective from teleporting, pulling the thug in tow. Upon the rooftop, the victim's attacker would look befuddled for a brief moment, giving a Chad the briefest windows. However, with a snarl, the thug would raise his sword to attack someone...

++++

Old Boar's Inn; Pavilion Warehouse
Time: Fifth Hour and First Quarter of Midday

[Nieet]

Carnage was still at large. The flying minions met their hideous demise gruesomely, their battle cries quickly becoming screams of horror before their souls were literally ripped from their bodies. At this sight, Nieet wouldn't have to bother with aiming the minions' remains - the remaining, buzzsaw wielding minion fled for his life, screaming as his arms flailed above his head. This of course, left just the raging teenage girl and the pedophile merchant. However, something was off. The deranged centaur wasn't pleading for his life, nor was he even looking terrified. In fact, you could say that he looked rather... smug.

"The only way you're getting my dick, bitch--"

Suddenly, the door crashed inward and Nieet would witness a flurry, trio'd of blades flying towards her. To dodge all three would be all together impossible, even for the fastest being, but that would be the least of her worries. They would continue to chase her if they completely missed their triage lunge: one to the left shoulder, one to the torso, and one to the left thigh. Weapons would be scarce at first glance, but three would present themselves (1,2) in the struggle to survive; one under the bed, one under piles of gaudy looking trinkets of gold and jewelry, and one under a tapestry.

(GM note: For the "1" link, the two weapons present will be the third weapon and the sixth item, starting from the top)

"--Is when it's fucking you dead."

++++

Old Boar's Inn; Booth Room
Time: Fifth Hour and Second Quarter of Midday

[Vin]

Vin's talents would reach out, sensing and prodding, so to speak. The young mastermind would be able to sense many things: coins being dropped on the table behind him, counted with great care, as being placed with exact precision and choice. To his right, he could sense that a patron had a robotic leg, and that his drink actually contained some sort of metallic blend to whatever alcohol he was consuming. But to the man across from him, he would only sense a bag of coin - a rather large bag of coin. Also, something of strange note was that the man had no sense of weapon, at least of the metal variant, on his person.

The two would sit in silence once more. No words or movement would come from the man across the table. However, if Vin spoke or tried to get his attention, only one move would be made: an outstretched hand would be placed smoothly onto the table, as if asking for something...

++++

???; The Back
Time: Fifth Hour and First Quarter of Midday

[Jojo]

The dwarf would half leap, half plop into the chair across from her, coddling his wine as his robust voice continued to speak, "Missy, to tell you everything would take all day. But to tell you the short version--" Another gulp of wine was consumed, "--People end up here for all sorts of reasons. Most come by accident, as if fate itself decided they needed to be here for some reason, either for themselves or for another. I swear, all the mumbo jumbo that goes on about the religion here and her" A rather hearty belch rose from his throat as the store keeper continued, "But anyway, some come because they know of this place, and they want to come. But that's besides the point. They end up here one way or another, from everywhere. Any place you've read about, heard about, seen on a whatchamacallit -- they're all real and anyone, everyone is here from those places."

He took another gulp and looked at the bottom of his tankard, which was now empty, or so said the disappointed expression his bearded face. His merry eyes looked back to her, but they were grave and quite serious, "Jojo, this place is the center of everything, anything, everywhere. And I'm afraid you won't be going home any time soon."

++++

???; ???
Time: ???

[Alec]

Alec's parting remark was met with silence, though Alec could well assume the masked god was smugly smiling back at his disappearing form as cold words hit Alec's back like burning daggers, "Then farewell, Alec Drop Bass - I'm sure you'll be calling soon enough." With these words, the demigod would be free to go any direction he chose, but a decisive direction would be difficult. Besides the clearing, there was no real path: only winding, confusing trunks of ice kissed trees and the hodgepodge of mud and snow.

In the distance however, Alec could see some footprint. If he decided to follow them, he would following for quite some time, giving the demigod some time alone with his thoughts...

If Alec chose to go a different direction, he could choose so - but who knows where it may lead?

(GM note: As far this world goes, you can play around with the environment. Just no doors or anything of the like just yet. ;D)

++++

The Old Boar’s Inn; Marketroom
Time: Fourth Hour and Second Quarter of MiddleDay
Kresnik

The shady salesman almost immediately complied at the first jingle of coin, the wooden stand popping upward like a cardboard children's story. Coming around, the merchant would quickly motion the dhampir into a rapidly forming, purple portal. "Of course, of course - right this way, sir, right this way." Being savvy in the ways of such business, he walked forward through first, assuming that the hunter would follow right away.

If Kresnik chose to follow, he would find himself in a place right at home. The walls of a descending stairwell would be wet, slippery, and covered in darkness. Faint of sparesly spaced torches gave an eerie light as the merchant practically floated downward, eager to please his customer. Strangely, the face that had turned would be revealed to Kresnik, its expression one of frozen horror.

Kresnik's requests didn't seem to unheard either - in fact, the second jingle seemed to send the merchant into a sprinting mode, his speed doubled as his voice echoed through the wet, narrow stairwell. "Yes, yes. Though I should warn you, the fresh kill may require..." A rasping cough issued forth as they reached an ancient looking, wooden door, a face carved into its surface, "...more than your other items."

A rusted key was produced and the door creaked open to reveal a stone tiled floor, similar in texture as the walls they had just past. All about was knotted shelves, holding suspicious looking glass jars, with all manner of herb, ingredient, and trinket one could find - apparently, Kresnik had hit the jack pot. To the right, in two rusting, bent cages, were two figures; one was male, or said the scraggly beard and excessive amount of hair, and a female. Both were barely clothed, their dirty rags clinging to them like wet sheets as their swollen eyes looked up fearfully up to the room's new occupants.

"Please, look around. If you need anything of absolute precision, let me know, sir."



Last edited by Rhaevnn Xeno on Sun May 31, 2015 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total

http://goinghobbitstyle.tumblr.com/

261 Re: Playground of the Omniverse IC on Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:41 am

eraldocoil

avatar
Keyboard Puncher
Keyboard Puncher
Chad Master Funk

Chad was a bit surprised himself when he found one of the goons on the rooftop with him, but fortunately the teleportation was less of a surprise to Chad than it was for the reptilian thug. Chad reacted instinctively to the raised sword about to descend upon them. He draw his laser edged katana, but oddly enough Chad didn't swing his sword all the way through. He held the sword as if to block, not to counter, with the laser edge facing towards the incoming sword.

This instinctive move was actually smarter than it appeared. Since the reptile strikes first, Chad would not be fast enough to react with a full swing of his sword. Stopping his sword mid swing to block reduces the time needed to go through a full swing. But Chad had another intention with this move aside from blocking. Assuming the reptile's sword isn't made from vibranium alloy, Chad's laser katana would slice through his sword like butter. However there is potential danger if this were to happen. The broken piece of the sword would fly into the air, either simply landing on the ground, hitting Chad or the victim, and if Chad is really lucky, the shard would fly into the lizard...

Alec Drop Bass

Alec decided to follow the long trail of footprints, leading him to who knows where. As he follows the long, monotonous trail, his mind started to drift into the past...

It was a cold rainy afternoon when Alec stood behind a corner wall of a shuttle station. Its been about three months since his life's work has been destroyed and his wife murdered. He is now the most wanted man on the planet since his disappearance. He was hungry, hasn't showered in weeks, his hair grew long and messy, and unkept beard covered his face, as he wore a a ragged hooded cloak to conceal his identity. Alec looked up at the station clock marking "10:28 pm". "2 minutes..." Alec thought as he prepares himself for the worst. He is attempting to leave the planet, shuttle security is tighter than ever and if he is caught it would be imprisonment for sure.

The shuttle arrives and a wave of people and aliens swarm out of the shuttle, as another wave enters the ship. "This is my chance!" Alec thought as he quickly blends in the crowd and manages to sneak in unnoticed. "So far so good..." He continued on his way to the shuttle gate. He flashes his tickets to the guard, avoiding eye contact and tried to act as natural as possible. There was a tense moment between Alec and the guard, who was at least 6' 3" with muscles rippling through his uniform. All the guards had a similar build, and in Alec's exhausted, hungry state, he would never be able to handle all of them.

As Alec was about to step on board, the guard calls out in his powerful voice, "Halt!" Alec freezes on the spot, "Shit!" he thought as he grit his teeth and shut his eyes tight.
"What is your reason for travel?" The guard demanded from Alec. Alec felt cold sweat run down his brow, but luckily he was able to maintain his posture and answers, "I have a cousin in Mars". Alec swallows and continues, "He insisted I go stay with him for a while, saying that I need help..." He makes a small gesture to his ragged clothes, "As you can see, I'm a pretty bad gambler..." The guard looks up and down at Alec, before raising his hand and pats him on the shoulder, "You go on ahead and get the help you need, sir" The guard answers calmly. "T-Thank you..." Alec replies in a low voice unable to believe what just happened. The guard returns to his post, as Alec lets out a sigh of relief as he continues on his way to the shuttle.

"I did it..." Alec smiles as he tries to find a seat. "Finally I can be at peace..." he thought, but unfortunately fate is a cruel thing. Behind him walked a blue skinned, alien mother carrying her child, as she makes her way through the crowded shuttle to find a seat as well. The child was mischievous, and bored from all the walking and waiting so he decided to entertain himself by "pranking" other passengers. However, little did he know that his victim was the infamous Alec Drop Bass when he pulled on Alec's hood revealing his identity. A sudden chill came over Alec as his hood came off. "Hey! I told you to stop doing that!" The mother scolded her child before turning to Alec to apologize, however before she could get a word out, terror overcame her eyes as the most wanted man on the planet stood before her. "Please, don't-" Alec pleaded, but it was too late, other passengers recognized him and the woman screamed, "IT'S HIM!! IT'S HIM!! SECURITY!!"

Before Alec could get another word out he felt a powerful jolt of electricity run through his body and it brought him to his knees. On his face was the cold wetness of a boot. He felt numbing pain as more electricity scorch through his body as more bone crushing kicks land on his body before a final stomp to the head...

"Well, good morning sunshine" says the rustic southern accent to Alec as he slowly gains consciousness. He wakes up with a sore body and a massive head ache, chained down to a wheelchair. Before him stands a tall, strong mustachioed figure in military uniform with a dazzling smile and a lit cigar in his hands. "W-where am-" Alec struggles to finish his sentence, but the man answered for him. "You're in Neo-Alcatraz Penitentiary son, and you can refer to me as Warden Thresh". Thresh nods to a guard and opens a thick metal gate revealing a narrow, elevated corridor leading to an elevator. "Right this way!" Warden Thresh, grins revealing a golden tooth as he paces towards the elevator, another soldier pushing Alec in the wheelchair. Alec looks down from the corridor to see absolute chaos, as some prisoners fight, others laughing hysterically while losing themselves to insanity, others being dragged to a corner about to get raped as the victim cries out for help, and others even appear to be lying dead. What surprised Alec the most is that some sit calmly, smoking a cigarette, and play cards in the mist of all this madness as if nothing was going on.

"You see Mr. Drop Bass," the Warden begins, "this is where the most ruthless, sickest, meanest, lowest, dirtiest, hopeless, pieces of amphibious shit on earth all come together for one heaping giant fuck-fest." The Warden stops as he watches an all out gang fight ensue. Inmates charge at each other with nothing but bare fists as fresh blood splatters over old blood stains. One inmate grabs someones leg and twists it until a sharp snap can be heard followed by a blood curdling cry. "Glorious, isn't it?... And don't worry about the bodies, we clear those up once every 2 weeks" Thresh grins as he puffs smoke from his cigar. "Hey Phil, who do you think will win this time? East Side or West Side?" Thresh asks the soldier standing next to him with a laugh. "A-Aren't you going to stop this?" Alec asks unwittingly. The Warden turns to Alec and looks down on him. "Stop it? Why on Earth would I do that?" he retorts sarcastically with a chuckle. "Let me get one thing straight pal," he crouches down to Alec's level, "this is the amount of fucks I give..." He puffs in smoke from his cigar and blows it on Alec's face as it vanishes in the air. "See that? Gone!" Thresh smiles sarcastically and stands up again. "You see, my only job is to keep your sorry ass locked up in this God forsaken spit of land. I don't care if 20 inmates wants to play cowboy with you, Mr. Drop Bass" Warden Thresh resumes his pace towards the elevator. "We have no set schedule here in Neo-Alcatraz, but I can guarantee you this; every morning you will get up at the ass crack of dawn to work. You will have three square meals a day, and a recess, which the boys are having right now." He gestures to the inmates outside the corridor. "Other than that, anything else can happen." Thresh opens the elevator and leads Alec to his cell. The soldier unchains Alec pushes him to stand. "This is your new cell. Make yourself comfy." Thresh locks the door behind Alec and leaves. In Alec's cell there is an old bunk bed, a toilet, a sink, and a mirror. However, there was someone else in his cell. A dark cloaked figure sitting in the corner of the room. "Who are you?..." Alec asks...


JoJo

"What!?" Joanna jolts up and smacks her hands on the table, furrowing her eyebrows at the dwarf as this new information sinks into her head. After a short moment of staring at the dwarf, she realizes it was no use losing her temper. She relaxes her shoulders, "Ai-ai, this isn't good..." She lets out a deep sigh and slumps back on the chair. Normally this would freak her out, but she saw the bright side in all this; it is much harder for Annie to come after her and take the key. Joanna leans back on the chair, "To be honest, I don't mind staying here for a while." She looks back at the dwarf more calmly. She lets out a small friendly smile and stares off into space for a bit, "And besides, I think it would be fun if I met some of the characters I heard and read about in my world. It would make a good journal entry". Joanna muses at the thought and a sudden optimism takes over her, however this was cut short when she suddenly realized, "But where am I going to stay? How do I leave this world if I really have to?"



Last edited by eraldocoil on Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:10 pm; edited 4 times in total

262 The Greatest Dissapointment on Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:42 pm

Fitz

avatar
Keyboard Puncher
Keyboard Puncher
Fitz

Searing light and suddenly… Fitz found his soul floating about, bodiless, tethered to one of Jeannot's many machines.

"Sorry. I thought that might happen..." The Soul Thief thought to Fitz.

“Ayyy lmao” Fitz thought back. “But seriously,” Fitz got very dark suddenly. “We need to hurry up. Every second I’m not in control of Halcyon, is a second less this world has.”

=======

Ganti/ Gaudete

Gaudete looked down at the small waitress who had just spoken up. “Oh thank the goddesses!” She exclaimed. Kneeling down, and looking into the small girls eyes “Please you need to help me. This woman is not well, and if she… if she… Very bad things will happen if she doesn’t get better.” Gaudete struggled, trying to put images of hellfire and armies of Shaeds marching across this world, razing all to the ground. “Can you help us?”

=======

Halcyon

"Well now," Halcyon smiled. "Why wait any longer?"

Halcyon stood up and walked to the hammock where The Story Master lay.

"Gerald, my dear friend," Halcyon spoke, regardless of whether or not the odd man was awake, "I will be back shortly; before day-break. I would by no means wish to miss my meeting with your employer."

Halcyon lay a cold hand on the throat of the Story Master and slowly began to grip. The stones around Halcyon's neck began to glow as he channeled their power, and with a small, silent implosion, they were gone...

They reappeared on the summit of a mountain, on a ledge with a large stone throne siting in the center, overlooking a lush land, a castle in the center, a desert to the west and the ocean coast on the horizon. Halcyon released the Story Master from his grip and let him fall to the ground. He walked slowly towards the throne, and sat down on it. "Now my good sir, let us begin your training." He lay his head on his hand as he looked towards the man. "How desperate are you to save this woman?"

263 Re: Playground of the Omniverse IC on Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:24 pm

allgod777


Newbie
Newbie
Vin

Vin puzzled for a moment over the strangeness of the man in front of him. To come so unarmed to an environment where he would be surrounded by thieves and criminals was either a sign of power and confidence, or downright stupidity. Vin was leaning away from the latter, although he hadn't ruled it out. Vin once again looked over the man before him, attempting to draw any last details before deciding how to proceed. He considered the large quantity of coin the man possessed and considered its implications. At this time, he remembered to strange trinket in his pouch. Did this man intend to purchase the bauble?  It had seemed out of character for his contact to ask him to bring something. Had this man put him up to it? This idea intrigued Vin.

Vin leaned forward, and opened his mouth, intending to inquire about the man’s presence. However, no sooner had he opened his mouth then the man reached his hand out over the table between them. Momentarily startled by the motion, Vin inadvertently Pushed ever so slightly on a coin of the table behind him before catching himself. Fortunately he didn't jump physically as to show weakness.

He stared down at the hand, and slowly leaned back, paying close attention to make sure his slight slip went unnoticed. The hand appeared just as ghostly as the rest of the man who appeared to indicating him to give him something.

Vin considered once more the strange object he carried with him, the mangled metallic looking trinket with the twitching eye. In that moment, Vin realized that the man could easily be carrying a weapon of similar make, if indeed the two were connected. While inclined to believe there was a connection, Vin knew he must test his theory before giving anything away.

ignoring the hand, Vin looked up at the man and said, “may I help you, Sir?”

264 Moving Again on Thu May 21, 2015 8:21 pm

Pajamas

avatar
Lurker
Lurker
____________

Jeannot

“Ayyy lmao” Fitz thought back. “But seriously,” Fitz got very dark suddenly. “We need to hurry up. Every second I’m not in control of Halcyon, is a second less this world has.”

“Lmao indeed!” Jeannot thought shouted back to Fitz. He really didn’t like the serious side of Fitz, it was rather frightening. “I am pretty sure I know what went wrong. We will stop Halcyon! It’s not so much that I didn’t account for enough power but instead not enough diversity in power. Much like your personality, your soul is not one dimensional is has a sort of depth to it.”

Jeannot thought a heavy sigh… “Only problem is that we’re a bit stuck. I have an automated system that will come by soon and collect our souls and deposit us into a receptacle. From there I can make the necessary changes and complete the process. It won’t take more than twenty minutes or so to gather our souls…”

___________

TSM

"Well now. Why wait any longer?" The Story Master heard this and it wrenched his heart. Could it be true? Could at long last he be reunited with her?

Tyros could feel the flame-haired Halcyon walk towards where he lay. He was practically paralyzed with anticipation but didn’t expect to be grabbed by the throat.

He felt the familiar power of the necklace pull the two of them somewhere and once they stopped Tyros was released and fell to the ground.

They were on a mountain top, a large throne stood before him. The view was inspiring. The majesty of the panorama was however lost to Tyros.

Halcyon sat on the throne and said, "Now my good sir, let us begin your training."
“Please!” Tyros responded almost pleadingly.

Looking into The Story Master’s eyes the dark one placed his hand on his head and asked, "How desperate are you to save this woman?"

The Story Master looked half deranged and half pleased. Tears welled in his eyes and he said, “It is only the thought of seeing her again that inspires me to continue drawing breath. I want to die without her but I would endure all perils to both body and soul to save her. I am humbly and truly desperate, O Halcyon…”

265 Re: Playground of the Omniverse IC on Sun May 31, 2015 11:27 am

Rhaevnn Xeno

avatar
Forum God
Forum God
~IN THE BEGINNING~


Old Boar’s Inn; Market Disrict
Time: Fifth Hour and Second Quarter of MiddleDay[/center]
[Chad M.F.]

Surprisingly, Chad’s reaction was the right call. A counter would have been too much, but instinctively blocking the thug’s incoming blade. At this point in time, everything seemed to slow. The keen laser’s edge of Chad’s katana rose to meet the chromatic, brutish scimitar…

And the blades collided. In fact, the metal of the thug’s weapon would actually split the laser in half, his blade smashing against the metallic rod that was behind Chad’s laser edge.  The clang of metal would ring through the air, the thug’s weight behind the blow, “That’s a nice sword, boy.” The reptilian snarled smugly, putting his face close to Chad’s in the battle of grinding blade, “I think I’ll take it.” With this, a clawed hand made to grab Chad’s sword holding wrist as the blade retracted to deal another punishing blow…

++++

???
Time: ???[/center]
[Alec]

A tapping of the shoulder would bring Alec back to his present situation - although, it might have been better to stay in his mental eye. “Hello Alec.” The Warden stood in all his power before Alec, admits the frozen mud, ice and snow of the haunted forest…

(GM Note: You’re gonna have to give me a few more details in how the Warden looks, what he’s to Alec, etc. Razz More flashback!)


++++



???; The Back
Time: Fifth Hour and First Quarter of Midday

[Jojo]

The short man would laugh gruffly as he scooted out of his chair and made his way back to the home bar, pouring himself another drink. “That’s just it, lass. You don’t.” He took swig of it, smacking his lips as he did, “Welcome home.”


++++


Old Boar's Inn; Booth Room
Time: Fifth Hour and Second Quarter of Midday

[Vin]

Vin’s table companion would let out a sigh, as if impatient. Simultaneously the hand that had extended would retract in all the smoothness that had been displayed moments before. “For someone who has be given the praise of a hero, you are certainly slow about your business transactions.”

The man spoke, his voice almost robotic and definitely monotone. It had an air of importance, but held the weight of someone who deals with monotonous things daily. The hand disappeared into the robes sleeves as another sigh, longer this time, escaped yet again. “The coin. I cannot say another word without it.”

http://goinghobbitstyle.tumblr.com/

266 Re: Playground of the Omniverse IC on Sun May 31, 2015 7:47 pm

allgod777


Newbie
Newbie
Vin

A hero, Vin questions to himself. He found it odd that the man would refer to a thief, and a master thief at that, as a hero. That is not to say he found the commentary unappealing. Vin likes to think of himself as a man of the people, working toward improving the life of those throughout the Lows. But he does feel that “hero” is a little strong.

Then another thought occurs to him. Is the mysterious figure referring to Vin Kelsier, or to his intermediary? The idea that someone Vin didn't know knew his true identity is a very disturbing thought to him. Had someone on the job a 2 years ago figured it out without his knowledge? Vin had taken extra care that time after having to silence the previous leaks following the first heist.

Eying the man, Vin continues to try and maintain his alter-ego. “First of all, allow me to introduce myself. I’m Red Remington. I serve as a go-between for many influential individuals throughout the underground.” Vin can tell the man views himself with much importance. His tone had seemed to give the impression that he feels that Red (or Vin; he still isn’t sure if the man really knows who he is talking to) is well below his station. “Secondly, if when you say hero, you are referring to my current employer, you should know that he would be sorely offended by the comment. Lastly, I carry no coin for you. Furthermore, I have somewhere to be. So if there's nothing else,” Vin begins to stand at this point. “I’ll be going now.”

In truth, Vin doesn’t actually have an appointment, other than with his contact who he still hasn’t seen any sign of. The whole situation just seemed wrong to him. The strange man; the amulet. Vin knew from experience to keep the number of unknowns to a minimum whenever possible, and he was finding that there were too many variables. Being a long time thief, Vin knew all the big players in the underground, had met with most personally, and he could pick most of the up and coming criminals and dark individuals out of a crowd. This man however, was an unknown. Either he was a newcomer who needed to be taught a lesson (not by Red of course), or he really was that important and had done a remarkable job keeping himself out of the spotlight. Either way, Red was not the man to deal with him.

267 Re: Playground of the Omniverse IC on Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:08 pm

eraldocoil

avatar
Keyboard Puncher
Keyboard Puncher
Chad Master Funk

"It didn't break!?" Chad panicked widening is eyes. Chad's arm wouldn't budge under the grip of this monster, and the sword was coming down on him again, but luckily Chad was a quick thinker! You could say his thoughts are just as fast as a muscle reflex, its like watching a slow motion movie. With his free hand he instinctively reaches for his gun and opens fire at point blank range on the brute, blasting holes through his body. "You shouldn't have brought a sword to a gun fight" Chad taunts at the most likely dying monster.

Alec Drop Bass

Coming soon....

JoJo

Joanna was filled with excitement and relief. "Really? Thank you so much" she says giving out a friendly smile. However, her smile slowly faded away. "But... I admit I feel a bit embarrassed" She adds shrinking back into her chair. "I don't want to be a burden, but is there anything you want me to help with while I stay here?" Joanna asks out of courtesy.

268 Re: Playground of the Omniverse IC on Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:25 am

Rhaevnn Xeno

avatar
Forum God
Forum God
~IN THE BEGINNING~


Old Boar’s Inn; Market Disrict
Time: Fifth Hour and Third Quarter of MiddleDay[/center]
[Chad M.F.]

Chad's quick thinking had been brilliant - after all, the almost immediate usage of other combative tools in one's arsenal shows capability and versatility. However, this fight was far from over, as the brute before him used his own arsenal: his gaping mouth and row of sharp teeth.

It was obvious that the reptile was surprised at the new weapon that the Master Funk produced with such speed, but Chad had given him too much warning. With a swift snap of his heavy jaw, the reptilian thug attempted to rip the gun out of the detective's hand by the side of the gun's barrel growling as he did. However, if successful, Chad's combatant would feel the kick of the gun as it exploded, as well as the scorching heat naturally produced by the powerful laser, causing him to hiss in pain as a blind haymaker was thrown in the direction of Chad's face...

++++

???; The Back
Time: Fifth Hour and Second Quarter of Midday

[Jojo]

The dwarf would look at Jojo in a completely flabbergasted manner, an expression of sheer surprise stamped on his face as he practically downed the entire drink he had just poured, the alcohol dripping from his beard as he coughed loudly twice. "Miss, that wasn't to be taken literally... I..." He fumbled for words, embarrassment causing him to pour another drink shakily, "I can't take on any help right now. Y'see, this fine establishment ain't getting the customers like it used to and--" The drink was downed once more, "...I'm sorry."


++++


Old Boar's Inn; Booth Room
Time: Fifth Hour and Third Quarter of Midday

[Vin]

As Vin (or Redd) got up to move from the table, an unnatural white hand firmly smacked the table top, "Mr. Remington--" The hand retracted back into the stranger's robes, his voice remaining even and calm, "I do not mean to insult your employer or you, but perhaps this is the first time you have dealt with the like of us." The hand outstretched towards Vin once more, but more clean instruction was given, "I require our coin - the mark. The amulet that is in your possession, I believe?"

If Vin complied and sat back down, more dialogue would follow. However, if he found the situation all too odd and continued to leave, words would follow Vin as he moved from sight, "Your employer is making a foolish mistake."

http://goinghobbitstyle.tumblr.com/

269 Re: Playground of the Omniverse IC on Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:39 pm

allgod777


Newbie
Newbie
Vin

Vin thought to himself for an instant. In a microsecond, Vin scanned the room once more looking for any signs of a threat, although he doubted he would find any. Given that the man himself had no discernible weapons on his person and he couldn't detect any metal weapons, Vin felt fairly confident any friends the man had nearby wouldn't have any detectable weapons either. Vin again considered the implications of what the man had said. He had referred to him as Mr. Remington, indicating that the man either decided to honor the fact that he was continuing to go by his alter-ego or he truthfully bought his role and believed. Vin was inclined to believe the former, but he had no way to be sure.

All of this occurred within a microsecond, and if the man paid exceptionally close attention, he might have noticed the slightest of falters as he considered these things. Turning back to the man and keeping all his senses on high alert, Vin spoke to the man. "I suppose I have a little time. I'm not in a rush quite yet." Vin returned to his seat and focused hard, ready to launch himself into the air with a strong Push on the bench if need be. He also began loosening the bolts holding the table in place. "I really should speak with my employer before any further negotiations take place. You seem to consider yourself a major player and are clearly well informed. While he rarely does, I may be able to talk my employer into meeting with you in person. He feels it is very important that any newcomers get a warm welcome to Tutmos." Vin smirked casually, still on high alert. "However, if you could give me a taste of what kind of job you have for my employer, I will be more than happy to retrieve your amulet." Vin paused here to give his counterpart an opportunity to respond.

Vin still felt mildly intrigued by the idea of being called a hero. Clearly there was some connection between that comment and the job the man had in store. But what could it be? Vin had every intention of figuring out exactly what this man was after. Then he would decide exactly how to proceed.

270 Re: Playground of the Omniverse IC on Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:25 pm

Rhaevnn Xeno

avatar
Forum God
Forum God
~IN THE BEGINNING~

Old Boar's Inn; Booth Room
Time: Sixth Hour of Midday

[Vin]

"Mr. Remington..." The stranger would begin to say. However, the trinket that had been in possession began to twitch, and its eye completely expand; if Vin were to look at it, it would peer back with a soul-piercing gaze. The robed man smiled, gesturing to the amulet as he continued, "You are already in possession of the amulet, itself. However, if you believe that your master would like to meet in person, I would be flattered."

Just then, as if on que, the grey alien waiter returned. In his long, thin hand, was balanced a dark, black tray with two crystalline wine glasses; their contents, which would most likely be unknown by Vin, would contain a blue-green liquid that mysterious swished about on its own. The silent servant would place one glass for each man and then would depart with a small bow and a nod of the head.

Vin's table partner would raise his own glass as the waiter departed and toasted, "To new affairs." With a single sip, he would almost seemingly float from the booth, leaving Vin to his thoughts and drink...

http://goinghobbitstyle.tumblr.com/

271 Re: Playground of the Omniverse IC on Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:41 pm

eraldocoil

avatar
Keyboard Puncher
Keyboard Puncher
Chad Master Funk

Chad was startled by the sudden attack by the reptile, however it was a dumb move on the reptiles part. The gun was blazing hot as it branded the creatures mouth causing him to flail about in pain. Chad fired some shots with the gun in his mouth causing him to release his grip, however Chad took a hit from the reptile, causing him to fall backwards. After shaking his head from the pain, Chad opened fire again hoping to take out the reptile for good.

JoJo

"I understand..." She nodded a bit dissapointed. "I hope you don't mind me asking, but what happened to your shop?" She asks curiously wanting to learn more about the environment she is in.

272 Re: Playground of the Omniverse IC on Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:38 pm

allgod777


Newbie
Newbie
[Vin]

“Mr. Remington,” the man began. Vin felt a soft twitch in his pouch storing the amulet. The man smiled and Vin suddenly realized something. This man could somehow sense the amulet and possibly vis-versa. The man continued, “You are already in possession of the amulet, itself. However, if you believe that your master would like to meet in person, I would be flattered.”

Vin started to speak, but stopped as the long-necked waiter returned. He reached down and placed two drinks on the table. They contained a blue-green liquid. Looking closely, the liquid appeared to swish about in the glass on its own accord. Bowing, the waiter stepped away to attend to other patrons.

Before Vin could do anything, the man reached over, raised his glass, “to new affairs,” he said. Taking a single sip, he appeared to simply float from the booth. Vin tried to follow the man with his eyes as he left, but the man simply disappeared. Instinctively, Vin scanned the room with his senses to try and detect any of the metal he had detected on the man, but he quickly remembered that the man had carried no metal so the effort was pointless.

Vin considered the drink in front of him. It seemed odd that it moved without being disturbed. Actually, the whole meeting itself was something of a puzzle to Vin. Who was that man? What had he meant by hero? Did the man know his identity or not? One thing was for sure, he needed answers.

Deciding not to trust the drink, Vin left the Booth Room and the Old Boar Inn. He needed to figure this out.  If he is going to be able to contact the mystery man, he would first need to figure out who he was. It had been a long time sense Vin had been so completely in the dark. There was very little in Tutmos that he wasn’t aware of, but he had no knowledge of this man. Vin needed to think.

He turned down a dark, empty alley, checked to make sure no one was watching (focusing hard to check for the metal of anyone nearby) and threw on his cloak. Grabbing a coin from his pouch, Vin flicked it onto the ground and Pushed, launching him up into the air, just above the top of the roof.

This next part happened in an instant. First, he through his pouch in front of him, toward the edge of the city. Next, he increased his weight to several thousand pounds while simultaneously Pushing on the pouch with everything he had, sending it soaring at a velocity that would carry it several thousand feet outside the city walls. Finally he decreased his weight to about as much as a grain of salt and Pulled on the pouch. The result, Vin became a missile moving at blinding speed to the edge of town.

Vin had calculated the relative pulls so that he would catch up to his pouch with enough time to retrieve a coin to use for landing. This was Vin’s preferred method of travel. And the best place to simply think was pretty much anywhere outside the city. And besides, the best informant on the happenings inside Tutmos lived near the city walls anyway.

Vin used this method of getting around quite often. Moving at a speed approaching the speed of sound, most people didn’t have a chance to notice him. And someone did happen to look up, he would be gone again so quick that they would most likely assume they imagined it. No one would believe them if they said they saw a man zipping through the air at breakneck speeds.

Furthermore, it was a hell of a lot faster than walking. In fact, it’s fast enough that people claim to have seen both Mr. Remington in the lows supposedly at the same time that a man wearing the cloak of Vin Kelsier was spotted entering a house in the Highs. This only served to help with the belief that Vin and his front man were in fact different people.

Suddenly, Vin realized that he had actually miscalculated. It took him a moment to figure out why when he remembered the strange trinket, still in his pouch. The additional weight had resulted in his trajectory falling short. As he approached the walkway on top of the wall, actively patrolled by guards, his pouch slammed into the back of one of them, knocking off the ledge to the ground below. The pouch itself landed on the wall, and Vin only had time to use it to slow down and land uninjured on the walkway. While he had only seen the one guard, Vin was sure there were more nearby. Reaching out with his senses, Vin scanned his surroundings to figure out if he had been noticed and determine his next move.

273 Re: Playground of the Omniverse IC on Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:05 am

Rhaevnn Xeno

avatar
Forum God
Forum God
~IN THE BEGINNING~


Old Boar’s Inn; Market Disrict
Time: Sixth Hour of MiddleDay[/center]
[Chad M.F.]

Chad's resilence was surprisingly robust - a normal swing from the size of such an animalistic thug would have bowled over the average human. While Chad would be dazed, he was definitely determined as he shot once more. However, in the midst of his searing pain, the thug's true instincts would kick in, and because Chad had stalled only for a moment, it was enough for his opponent's heavy tail to swing low and unluckily sweep the detective off his feet. However, Chad's reflexes were fast enough to counter act, but enough to get the shot off as well? It would take a miracle or an extreme display of skill.

If Chad managed to dodge in some way, he would find the reptilian had moved in the opposite direction, still recoiling from the gun's heat. He would snarl through clenched teeth, but his words would be too difficult to understand. Regardless, his sword would not be able to reach Chad and he had indeed made the wrong move - Chad clearly had the upper hand with his ranged weapon.

However, if Chad was unable to complete the final blow, the reptile's hesitation would be recovered quickly, but not to combat. With surprising speed (especially for his size), he would scoop up the cowering girl and begin to make his way over the edge of the building. Assuming that Chad wouldn't recover with incredible acrobatic finesse, the futuristic man would find himself unable to make a reaction until the reptile was already flying through the air to the alley's floor below...


++++

???; The Back
Time: Fifth Hour and Third Quarter of Midday

[Jojo]

Looking truthfully sorrowful, the dwarf would shuffle his way back into his seat, groaning as he did, "Well, miss, in truth... It's with things that are completely out of my hands. There's been a great deal of organized crime from The Lows recently - a ring of thieves, most suspect. Local law has tried to deal with it, but they are far too skillful - the thieves, I mean"

A burly hand would begin to stroke his beard as he continued, "Most of the law in The Middles is mostly, if not all, volunteers y'see. Mainly because, once upon a time, they were all law keepers from where ever they hailed from, and in truth, they were not trained for everything that The Crossroads has to offer..." His mouth turned to a daring, grim smile, "Too much to handle, from every corner of existence..." His voice would trail off, only to recover with a cough, pulling himself back from a misty past he seemed to be gazing at, "But my troubles is that my stores are rather plump, as I used to be a part of said law. But, even I can't guard everything - some days I have to sleep. And that's when they get me."

The dwarf shook his head in sadness, "I lost a lot last night... And when I heard you downstairs, I thought they were getting bolder, coming to steal during the day." A nod of approval was directed at Jojo, "Glad to see that I was wrong."


++++


Old Boar's Inn; Booth Room
Time: Sixth Hour and First Quarter of Midday

[Vin]

"Tower 4, this is Big Eye 4.9 - I'm picking up a reading of a highly condensed magic making its way to our sector."
"Stand by, Big Eye."

Vin's choice of travel was extremely impressive and beyond efficient. To move at such speed was incredible and while the guard would have been able to sense his extreme comings and goings in the past, there was no way they would have been able to establish who -- or what -- it was. At least until this day, when he had made a poorly timed mistake.

"Tower 4, this is Big Eye 4! The bogey is moving at incredible speeds - I have a visual!"
"Big Eye 4, what do you see?"
"It's too fast, Tower. Seems to be passi-- gods! It's dive bombing, it's--!"

Vin's miscalculation would completely interrupt any other communication as he painfully collided with the soldier head on. While his preferred method of travel would have probably killed a unprotected man, the guard that he had practically drop kicked had skidded across the battlement and slammed up against the wall, Vin's own body had followed the same action, his feet up against the guard's armor chest as they halted abruptly.

The expert thief had managed to escape without any major injury, but as he rose and immediately began to search for any signs of trouble, he would find that his right ankle had been twisted. This minor injury wouldn't be too bad, but bad enough to where running might become difficult if it were for more than a small sprint.

Regardless, that wasn't the least of metal manipulator's worries. As his immediate senses stretched out, he would sense metal - a lot of it. In fact, as he crashed onto his landing pad, two guards, one in front and one behind would already be charing towards him. Their baton-like weapons would snap off their sides, quickly transforming into spearsas the one in front of him barked out an order, "Halt!"

If Vin stuck around for more than 10 seconds, he would find the butt of the front guard attempting to crash down on his chest. Simultaneously, the guard from behind would use its weapon's butt as a staff, attempting to crack down across the back of Vin's legs...

http://goinghobbitstyle.tumblr.com/

274 Re: Playground of the Omniverse IC on Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:09 pm

eraldocoil

avatar
Keyboard Puncher
Keyboard Puncher
Chad Master Funk

Chad back flipped to dodge the sweep from the reptiles heavy tail. Having cleared some distance, the Reptile said something unintelligible to Chad. "Now's my chance!" Chad thought, quickly realizing he had the upper hand from the distance created between them. Chad finally had a clear shot at the monster and gave the killing shot through the reptiles eye and through his head.

Although Chad is confident he finished off the brute, he still kept the gun aimed at him as he walked closer to the cloaked girl. "Are you alright?" Chad asks the girl.

JoJo

"A police force of volunteers?" Joanna puts a hand to her chin as she pondered at the idea. She looked up at the dwarf, "hmm...What if I were to join? What would I have to do?" she asked keeping a straight face. "I always wanted to be a police officer like my mom." she smiled a little. "She would always tell me to be something else like a doctor, or a teacher, but I always liked mystery and criminal investigations. I used to watch a bunch of TV shows about it..." Joanna's smile soon turned into a frown, as she remembered her recent events with her mom and how her life changed dramatically over the past month or two. "Anyway," she clears her throat and swallows "I am interested in joining this volunteer force you are talking about".

275 Re: Playground of the Omniverse IC on Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:42 am

allgod777


Newbie
Newbie
[Vin]

Sensing the oncoming guards, Vin immediately entered combat mode. Increasing his weight, Vin turned Pulled hard on his coin pouch, causing it to rocket right at him. Pushing on it slightly, Vin caught it, retrieved a nail, and pushed it at the first of the guards while simultaneously pulling slightly on the guard’s helmet to increase the force of the impact. Then, keeping himself light, Vin jumped into the air using his good leg, retrieved his dagger from his pouch and Pulled hard on the chest plate of the second guard. Increasing his weight as high as he dared, Vin pushed hard on the weapons of both guards, practically ripping the weapons out of their hands.

Lastly, Vin released his knife. Lowering his weight slightly, (to around 600 pounds), Vin Pushed on the dagger with every ounce of energy he had, causing it to strike the guard with a higher velocity than a speeding bullet. The instant the blade struck the guard, Vin would be thrown back off the battlements and well outside the city. Falling toward the ground, Vin would retrieve a coin, lower his weight and use the coin to land softly on the ground.

Vin would turn back to see his handiwork. It had been a while sense his last fight and he would feel that he had room for improvement. Fortunately, his cloak had remained firmly on and the hood had obscured his face. It was time to get back to business. He needed to meet with his informant.

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum