You are not connected. Please login or register

Playground of the Omniverse IC

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 6 of 12]

126 Re: Playground of the Omniverse IC on Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:32 am

Sessamaru

Lurker
Lurker
Kresnik raised his clawed arm reflexively at the trio of beeps from the strange baton, his pupils contracting and then dilating in response to remark of the guard. With a deep breath, and a harsh, fell syllable, the clawed hand generated static electricity. "I apologize, but I do not have the time for your strange customs." The dhampir stated sardonically, lavender eyes glowing with arcane energy. Kresnik took a step toward the guard with the restraints, reminding him of manacles that were used on his own world.

"If I were you," he began, nonchalantly. "I would run and pretend that this never happened." As if to emphasize his point, the magical lightning in the clawed hand expanded and crackled sharply. As for the other two guards, he kept them within the peripherals of his vision. "And if you two try anything, I promise that you will lay broken and bleeding upon the floor, being trampled by the rest of these fine folk who would not think twice about kicking you for all the giggles in the world. Are we clear?" Kresnik asked, his opposite hand prepared to release the hidden blade within its bracer.

Kresnik knew that he was a dangerous being, and he was prepared to take full advantage of it.

127 Re: Playground of the Omniverse IC on Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:52 am

Rhaevnn Xeno

Forum God
Forum God
Tutmose; Western Gate
[Kresnik]

The manacle wielding guard froze at Kresnik's initial threat, but slowly back away as the other guard in front of the dhampir continued walking towards him, all the more slowly, continuing to speak as he extended his hands just as slow as his approaching pace. "Sir, this is not to threaten you nor is to imprison you. Just a safety precaution."

Four paces from arm-lengths from the dhampir.

"I know our procedures seem unnecessary and tedious, but its for the betterment of this city. If you refuse to comply, you cannot enter the city."

Three paces.

"Look, just be reasonable. At most, it will only take a mere quarter of your time and you'll be on your way."

Two paces away... And at this moment, time seemed to slow for everyone caught in the now tense situation.

The dhampir would be unable to see the guard that had been standing to the side, for it had now moved behind the mercenary (assuming that Kresnik would not move his position). Behind the attempting diplomat, the armored guard began to tap at her arm, speaking quietly as she did.

Restraints were then produced once more as the gate guard said his final piece, "Just let me put these on you. You're not under arrest and these will be removed once we arrive to our destination, which is right over there." He indicated with a nod towards a metal plated door that led into the wall of the gate. The armored feet moved forward, hands slightly up in surrendering defense, restraints dangling in one hand, the other empty:

One pace away...

http://goinghobbitstyle.tumblr.com/

128 Re: Playground of the Omniverse IC on Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:19 am

Sessamaru

Lurker
Lurker
[Kresnik]

The dhampir listened and found everything they said was wrong. What was the point of producing restraints? It was, in every sense of the word, threatening. Restraints meant that he was a threat; a danger to them. He noticed a guard went missing from his vision. "You could simply have said that you needed to take me elsewhere," Kresnik replied, smiling. "It would have been much easier and more understanding than producing some manacles." As if to show his sincerity of his words, the spell appeared to dissipated with a loud snap! Unbeknownst to them, he simply concentrated the spell within the agate on the back of the gauntlet. "However!" He stated loudly. "You must think of me naive!"

The spell he conjured ignited into a pulse, a wave of pure static electricity. Kresnik was not risking his time in another room for questioning, or worse--imprisonment--wanting to quickly escape from this place. The Crossroads was not his home, and being stuck elsewhere was not his ideal plan. But being on the lam was no better, but this was the slums; escaping the guards would be no issue for him.

As much as he did not want to fight them, the dhampir was more than willing to oblige them.

129 A good day to live on Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:12 pm

Pajamas

Lurker
Lurker
Death naturally holds little power against the living; limited to only the whispers of fear that creep into the idle mind of those with a beating heart. It seemed the shadow had forgotten this. For this reason each blow the arrogant masked shadow inflicted on the soul thief left no mark, marred no pain. Yet the blows moved him equal to their force. Still he did not resist nor did he react. His face displayed only the anger and disgust that it had since entering the valley. He submitted to the shadow’s blows so that he could prove him a greater fool. Even when he was kicked off his feet and ground into the dirt by the stupid heel of the shadow he simply laid there and waited for his moment.

The shade eventually turned his attention to the other soul. With cold and over confident voice he said, “You are missing something. Someone…” Here the soul thief grew bored and paid no attention to their conversation until he heard the shade say, "You are to judged, here and now, but I cannot help but think that you do not wish for your time to come yet. Perhaps I can offer you…"
The other soul then threaten the shadow with the same projection of his soul that he had killed that masterpiece of a body with. The two exchanged more words and the creep of a shadow’s mask opened its grotesque and swallowed the other soul’s projection. It was here that Jeannot decided he would speak.

“Dear shadow, I delight in telling you that you misunderstood me earlier. I wasn’t pleading to your for my life because it’s still mine. Look again in your book and recognize your folly. The body that this glittering fool robbed me of was not the body that the One True God bestowed to me. It was but a carbon conduit that I constructed to house my soul. My true body is alive and well in the realm of the living. You will now release me; I know your laws and none of them permit you to lay a finger on the living.”

130 Cat Fight on Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:17 pm

Fitz

Keyboard Puncher
Keyboard Puncher
All of a sudden, the Caster of Shadows mask opened, revealing that it was not a mask, but an actual mouth. Slowly, it began to absorb the ball of aura Fitz had been concentrating. Fitz could feel the aura being drained, but it did not affect him. If this man was Evergrowing Shadow, Fitz was Evergrowing Light. It was in his nature. As the man ceased his absorption, however, his sense immediately all stopped. A scene flashed across his eyes. Darkness. A flash of lightening illuminated a silhouette. In his arms, a limp woman. The scene vanished. The scene left Fitz cold, and afraid; a feeling that he felt very rarely. When Fitz’s senses returned the man was continuing a soliloquy. “...Accept my offer and you will be able to go living in your mortal world - consider it a second chance. However, if you do not feel the need to return to your waiting wife and child then onto our most pleasurable business dealings of before." Fitz’s furrowed his eyebrows. This man put a vile taste in his mouth. Threatening him, even bringing his family into the talk. “Fine. Send me back. I’ll stop him.” Fitz already knew what he was talking about. It was Halcyon. Piecing it together was easy enough. Halcyon was of Shadow, and this guy was of Shadow. Obviously, if one is running around willy nilly, the other will want to stop him. “However…” Fitz muttered. “This man will have to come with me. Our souls are entangled.” Motioning to the chain that connect to the constantly whining thief.

+~+~+~

“Owwww” moaned Ganti as he tumbled to the ground after taking a bat to the shins. The a cat bearing the wooden weapon stood, gloating across from her "No one touches the boss without my say so, sweetheart." he said, being joined by two more of the cats. "And I say you is about to get stomped." As he swung the baseball bat towards her head. “Hup!” Ganti shouted as she back flipped off the ground and stood up, dodging the swinging weapon. She analyzed he enemies; All cat’s, one with a baseball bat, one with a butterfly knife, and one with a tommy gun, all weapons she had dealt with during her years with the Colour Guard. Smiling she bent down and looked at them. “Look guys,” She said, in the sweetest voice “I don’t want any trouble.” With great flamboyance, she drew her sword and flashed it, putting notches into the baseball bat that had just swung towards her. “HOWEVER,” she said smiling “I will deal with you cute little guys if I- Awww crap!” Putting her hands on her hips, she looked down to she that in her flamboyance, she had sliced her purse open, spilling out dozens of glinting gold pieces onto the ground along with the shiny spheres she had stolen from Chad that, once they hit the ground, were rolling towards the cats...

131 Re: Playground of the Omniverse IC on Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:02 pm

eraldocoil

Keyboard Puncher
Keyboard Puncher
"Fitz?" Chad thought, "She knows Fitz!?" Chad tries to think as he wards off the swarm of feline creatures "I don't really like this girl, but I will need her whether I like it or not." "Sound like you've got a new assistant, pal!" James said with a grin. "Yeah, it seems so." Chad replies unenthusiastically.

Chad uses his martial arts skill to easily fend off the creatures, however as the creatures start to resort to weapons, Chad fires his gun aiming at the horde of miniature cat creatures. "I can't forget my main objective," Chad thought "I can't waste time with these goons and I have to find Missile before she runs off."

132 Re: Playground of the Omniverse IC on Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:32 pm

King in the North

RP'er
RP'er
Jubwik slowly faded out of a state of complete unconsciousness and into a woozy, mildly addled groggy awareness of reality. He was lying on a hard wooden floor under a table but he was at least inside, things were looking up. Actually looking up he could see a substance he had learned was called 'gum' that's intended purpose seemed to be getting stuck in the fur of inebriated Ewok's but was frequently kept wadded up in such places like the underside of a table.

The Ewok dug through his pouch and re-assessed his financial situation. He had sold the last of his mushrooms to that heavily tattooed bard that frequently disrupted his sleeping within the Old Boar Inn or even within screaming distance of it. Which was rough since Jubwik didn't like to leave site of the only place on this strange world he actually knew. He was also almost out of marijuana and that was much more troublesome since a drug dealer without drugs does not have much of a future ahead of them. He did at least have a reasonable amount of money in various forms of currency, he would have had more but it was hard not to spend it on readily available drink and he'd even found a whore willing to **** his **** and **** **** **** for a few coppers. She hadn't been very attractive and looking at his pile of currency and small collection of crumpled joints Jubwik regretted having taken her around back more than once.

Jubwik took one of his remaining joints and straightened it out as best as he could with his stubby fingers and lit it taking a few relaxing puffs to soothe the aching from drinking nothing but beer and sleeping on the floor. He was going to need more drugs or in a few days he wouldn't even be able to afford beer and ugly whores. The thought of dealing with bulk dealers on this world terrified him so he was going to have to venture away from the inn, find the woods and rely on his foraging skills to find drugs growing in the wild. A scary proposition but less so than the thought of dealing with anyone who felt safe sitting on serious weight in this dicey a local. So with a long puff on his joint the Ewok did his best to muster up his courage and head for the door.

133 Re: Playground of the Omniverse IC on Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:03 pm

Rhaevnn Xeno

Forum God
Forum God
~In The Beginning
Time: First Hour and Second Quarter of MiddleDay~

Old Boar's Inn; Bar
[Chad M.F./Ganti]\

Ganti's flourish had caught the three meowths off guard. Gasping, they took two or more paces back, but as she began speaking, they would not be listening. Their eyes would have expanded to the size of dinner plates as the first pieces of gold clinked to the ground. The surrounding brawl around the bandit woman and the pokemon suddenly halted, all listening to the sound of gold hitting the inn's wooden floor boards, the last piece rolling away into distant, scuffling patrons, who hadn't quite realized the amount of wealth that had just spilt onto the floor.

Ganti, in the little time that she had, had actually made off with a decent portion of wealth. The small sacks, purses, and wallets she had pinched from had amassed to one giant jackpot for any one given individual. Three words came from the meowths in a barely contained squeak:

"Oh."
"My."
"Mew."

All at once, the crowd began to dogpile on top of the riches, the once fists only fighting becoming a full blown battleground - knives, claws, and even broken bottle shard came into play as the sounds of the wounded and crushed began to rent the air. The snorlax looked about, but he could not find his muscle - all he could find was Chad firing to the crowd, James drawing his revolver, and Ganti's sword dancing closer to him.

"Tis ain't the last of -hic- dis! The 100 Acre will 'eer about -huc- dis!"

With that, the huge pokemon stumbled away as Chad's offensive action had actually caused the crowd to back away with fear for a moment. However, this suddenly gave the riot a unified cause - kill the guy with the gun. No matter how much Chad maimed or killed, even with Ganti's and James's help, the odds would be impossible. "Might want to skedaddle, friend!" James whispered urgently as he tucked away his guna and put his hands in the air slowly shuffling to the right, "We're out numbered!"

However, nothing would happen to either the riot or the party, as a beast from beind the counter would suddenly appear, wielding a fearsome weapon. In a gargly, bass voice, he boomed over the crowd's yells and the dyings moans, "LISTEN UP, YOU WHELPS! YOU GOT ABOUT THREE SECONDS TO CLEAR OUT OF HERE, OTHERWISE" The minigun began to rotate, the torque on the spinning wheel whining like a buzzsaw, "YOU'RE GONNA MEET OL' LEADSPITTER HERE!"

As if by magic, everyone ran in opposite directions, leaving only the dying behind and very, very little gold...

====

Old Boar's Inn; Booth Circut
[Jubwik]

The scene before the stoned Ewok would be complete chaos - bodies flying, beings of all sorts being pummeled or whacked with blunted weapons and heavy fists. Unfortunately, the teddy-bear alien would only have a moment to react as he was picked up by the shoulder and thrown at someone as a projectiled weapon. Landing on someone's face, he would immediately be attempted to be pulled off like a leech before being raised overhead.

And then, the entire fight would be halted, the sound of gold tinkling on the floor. Lots of gold.

Jubwik would be suddenly dropped as he found himself swept into a stampeded of greed, his life threatened by heavy feet and literally flying, tackling bodies as they all attempted to get a piece of the pie.

Until the all-too-familiar whir of Bruce's minigun and his booming demands sent everyone fleeing in all directions, leaving Jubwik standing in the direct path of the 16-barreled, spinning wheel of death...

++++

Tutmose; Western Gate
[Kresnik]

The magical discharge cracked through the air with a deafening force, toppling the two guards in front of the dhampir, literally flipping the pair head over heels, the bodies hitting the ground before the thunder of the magical explosion rumbled through the air.

However, Kresnik would not be free just yet. A staggering blow would be received from behind with a war-like yell. If he managed to  recover from his attacker's blow, he would see the third guard wielding a spear-battlestaff hybrid, its bladed end crackling with intense electric energy. A pause would occur for the attacking guard, as if deciding for a split second what his next move should be. However, in events like this, instinct and muscle training takes over - and it did. In a pattern between stabs and a figure-eight, the guard would advance, attempting to confused his opponent while trying to find a weakness. Behind Kresnik, a guard staggered upward with a dazed grunt, hand on helmeted head and baton slowly transforming into a ranged weapon...

+~+~+

~Long Live The King~
Time: First Hour and First Quarter of MiddleDay

The Tower; ???
[Tara]

The flame-haired girl's silence had been long - far too long. Barely able to keep herself upward, her blue eyes looked through the dark-clothed man in front of her, the faint glimmer of defiance spiking into the hazel eyes of her captor. The friendly, fox-toothed smile had turned sour, a proud frown coming over his features as he slowly paced around both Tara and her succubus supporter. "Well, it seems that you have a frozen tongue. Perhaps we can find a way to free you from such tormenting paralysis." Looking at the succubus, the man continued, "Take her below - see if that helps." He strode away angrily as the woman's bat wings flapped harshly, carrying both her and Tara's weight into the abyss unknown below...

++++

The Valley; Judgement Clearing
[Jeannot/Fitz]

Jeannot's rant would be short lived. As the Shadow Caster was more interested in what Fitz had to say, the soul thief would find his lips being threaded - literally. As words came forth, thread began to seal his lips shut, eventually closing his mouth all together with a wave of The Shadow Caster's gloved hand. Without looking at his handiwork, the Shadowed God would almost chide Jeannot, "Hush now, little one - the adults are talking."

However, it would not last long - somewhere in between Fitz's response to The Evergrowing Shadow, the thread would come undone, allowing the soul thief's words to spill forth like a dammed river, "...Look again in your book and recognize your folly. The body that this glittering fool robbed me--!"

The Shadow Caster's form would whirl around, swinging his umbrella with full force as its now blunted tip caught Jeannot squarely in the jaw, sending the man flying and yanking the chain to its maximum length with a sudden and painful jerk. Before Jeannot had time to react, he would find a towering ten foot shadow over his body, the sky darkening to a new depth of black, clouds billowing, the crows cawing angrily as they mobbed around Jeannot. The Shadow Caster had grown exponentially, his mask fully moving with every dark word that raked the air, a single, dark feathered wing beating blasts of cold air as his voice echoed terribly with what sounded like a thousand voices, "Fool! Do you not know who you are speaking with? Even the maggots that will feast on your miserable corpse have more intelligence and respect for death and judgement! Hold your tongue before I devour your poor excuse for a soul!" If Jeannot spoke another word, a single word, The Shadow Caster would violently grasp both the upper and lower parts of the soul thief's jaw, pry them open none-too-gently and rip out his tongue with his beak, casting the soul aside like a dirty rag...

As suddenly as it had appeared, it had vanished, the Shadow Caster appearing before Fitz, nodding to him to continue. As Fitz ended, the Shadow Caster began, a surprised quirk of his head cast in Fitz's direction, "You put two and two together rather quickly, I see. Very well, but that is not the only thing to be exchanged, god of light. There are three things I require you to do before I can let you leave my domain and back into the land of the living. First, you must remove your other half from my place amongst the Umbra Order, as you know. Having a pathetic pseudo form of myself is insulting." Fingertips were pressed together as the deal's finer details were laid out, "You are to slay the High Priest of the Umbra Order, and..." The beak would turn to Jeannot, his voice dropping to vile tone as he declared his last condition, "You are to bring this soul back to me." The beak turned back to Fitz.

"Do we have a deal?"

If Fitz complied, The Shadow Master would almost caw in excitement, joining his birds, "Then it is settled! Well, almost." A thick scroll would be produced from his mouth, its paper black as charcoal. A blood red line lay exposed to the world in its rolled form. A dark feather, its point dripping in blood, was a produced and gestured towards Fitz, "Just sign here."

If the Evergrowing Light sealed the deal with the Evergrowing Shadow, the scroll would quickly vanish, and an exit would slowly be seen. The two would be enveloped as they came, either in light or dark, the last words of the Shadow Caster echoing in their ears as they departed from the Valley of the Shadow of Death, "Until we meet again, Soul Thief..."

Suddenly, eyes would be opened in Jeannot's new body as both souls returned to the realm of the living - whatever was around them one thing would be blatantly obvious to Jeannot if he had been defiant to the end: bleeding to death via tongue wound would be no laughing matter.

However, if Fitz had other plans... Things would be much, much different...

Last edited by Rhaevnn Xeno on Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:36 pm; edited 3 times in total

134 Re: Playground of the Omniverse IC on Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:31 pm

Sessamaru

Lurker
Lurker
[Kresnik]

Kresnik smiled with some satisfaction as his spell went off, preparing to make a run for it. However, some lucky fool managed to land a blow to the back of his skull. The pain would have been intolerable if he weren't such an experienced fighter, nor would it have been so unbearable were it not for his dhampirism; however, his vision threatened to go and many stars and astral things fluttered across the closing black, leaving merely tunnel vision. His legs forced him forward, knees beginning to buckle, but Kresnik stood fast and kept his balance, letting his adrenaline take over to null the pain. The back of his head was also feeling wet, which he merely sighed within the heartbeat of the moment. He quickly turned to see the assailant and saw his weapon of choice.

Kresnik decided against drawing his sword and instead went hand-to-hand, his demonic gauntlet leading his defense. As the guard attacked, the dhampir simply gazed at the man's eyes (even though they were hidden by visors) as he performed his dodges and blocks. Whenever the bladed end of the polearm struck him, Kresnik let it cut him deep enough to draw blood in vast amounts before fully avoiding the strikes. When he felt enough of the bladed stings, Kresnik leaped away. Using a clawed hand, he cut a bone-deep wound into his own bare hand, not even grimacing or wincing in pain. In the midst of the leap, he made sure to throw specks of blood here and there about the area, most prominently upon the guard in which he landed in front of and the other incapacitated guard that was also hit by the previous magical shockwave. As he landed, Kresnik began to whisper eldritch words and his own blood in the wounded hand formed a crimson longsword. The sanguine blade quickly found its way beneath the guard's chin, tip pressing deep.

"Check..." Kresnik muttered, keeping his gaze upon both guards.

135 Re: Playground of the Omniverse IC on Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:09 am

Nilly

RP'er
RP'er
Missile gladly accepted more of the wonderful tea, sipping it as she listened raptly to the story. Damn humans, she thought as Kuroda spoke of the human lord's deal: Always had to one-up each other to claim what they thought was theirs. Though, this gave her some pause: She was fairly like that herself with certain... aspects and people in her life, she thought as she stared into her cup. It was strange: She'd never thought of somebody as being innately "hers," had always killed people or women she found more attractive than herself but that was just the principal of the thing. But...why had she ever done that?

She chewed her lip as Kuroda got up, lost in thought. Whenever Missile saw some bitch get too close to Pullo, she became outrageously upset over it... which made nearly as much sense as anything else around Tutmose.

The silence being pierced by harsh whispers caught her attention. She gently set the cup down and lifted the hem of the kimono a bit. Taking careful, quiet steps, she walked toward the voices, trying to see through the pink blossoms.

http://tworedheadsonekitchen.blogspot.com/

136 Re: Playground of the Omniverse IC on Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:15 am

eraldocoil

Keyboard Puncher
Keyboard Puncher
As the crowd dispersed in multiple directions, Chad took hold of James and kept him close so they won't split apart. "Come with me," Chad explains, "I'm going to need your help." Chad bolted for the kitchen swinging doors that Kuroda and Missile went through earlier. However the shark was guarding the door. Chad threw a smoke bomb on the floor covering the whole room in smoke as the crowd dispersed. After Chad sneaked past the shark-man with the mini gun, he apologizes to the probably confused cowboy. "Sorry I didn't formally introduce myself." Chad extends his hand to the cowboy. "The name's Chad Master Funk, or you can just call me Chad." Regardless of whether James introduces himself or not, Chad will continue.

Chad uses the music player he had and played a motivating song to go along with the speech he is about to make. (Of course he did not let James see it.)

(Background Music read slowly in tempo to song and put feeling to it)
"As you can probably tell, I'm not from around here. I am actually from the future, and I am looking for a way back home... but I can't do that right now, there are bigger things at stake here." Chad takes in a deep breath and continues. "There is a very powerful evil man that threatened to destroy the world or even the universe unless he is stopped... but I can't do it by myself, he is way too strong." After a pause Chad looks sincerely into the cowboys eyes, "I was not lying when I said I needed you. I am trying to make a team of the strongest and most capable people I can find to take that monster down. Right now, I am looking for a woman by the name of Missile, and I believe she has super natural abilities that can really help us out, but I'm not entirely sure if she would want to join me. It is possible that she would want to kill me..." Chad rests his hand on James shoulder, "Now, I don't want to force anything on you. If you want, you can leave me and go back home. I will have no hard feelings against you. I understand that it is dangerous and we could die trying to recruit her. And yes its true, I have no super powers of my own, just a bunch of fancy gadgets..." After making that poignant statement Chad smiles to James, "But I am human just like you, and I can tell you after facing all sorts of impossible situations, humans are capable of doing a lot more than they think... So, will you join me?"

Last edited by eraldocoil on Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

137 Deal, or No Deal? on Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:06 pm

Fitz

Keyboard Puncher
Keyboard Puncher
“Oh. My. Mew.” Ganti heard the cats mutter, suddenly and without warning, she was at the bottom of a giant pile of bodies trying to grab gold and wallets and miscillenia. “Sweet baby goddesses…” she bemoaned, crawling out of the fray, dusting herself off. She picked up her sword and began to defend herself from the crowd that was fighting over the gold. As she made her way towards the fat cat, she heard a raspy voice shouting. "LISTEN UP, YOU WHELPS! YOU GOT ABOUT THREE SECONDS TO CLEAR OUT OF HERE, OTHERWISE" She turned around to see a shark-dude with a minigun spinning up. "YOU'RE GONNA MEET OL' LEADSPITTER HERE!" With pale face. She slowly tiptoed towards the side of the bar, then bolted for a booth. She dove into it and poked her head out. She saw her weird clothes employer dragging the cowboy away. “Oi!” She shouted, “Wait for me!! You still need to pay me!!” She ran after the man. Sneaking behind him, she eavesdropped on their conversation as really emotional and sappy music began to play; "As you can probably tell, I'm not from around here. I am actually from the future, and I am looking for a way back home... but I can't do that right now, there are bigger things at stake here." the man took a deep breath. "There is a very powerful evil man that threatened to destroy the world or even the universe unless he is stopped... but I can't do it by myself, he is way too strong." the man looked deeply into the others eyes. This is oddly erotic… Ganti thought as the man continued, "I was not lying when I said I needed you. I am trying to make a team of the strongest and most capable people I can find to take that monster down. Right now, I am looking for a woman by the name of Missile, and I believe she has super natural abilities that can really help us out, but I'm not entirely sure if she would want to join me. It is possible that she would want to kill me..." Oh gods their touching each other now… She thought, blushing, shaking her head and facepalming. "Now, I don't want to force anything on you. If you want, you can leave me and go back home. I will have no hard feelings against you. I understand that it is dangerous and we could die trying to recruit her. And yes its true, I have no super powers of my own, just a bunch of fancy gadgets..." After making that poignant statement Chad smiles to James, "But I am human just like you, and I can tell you after facing all sorts of impossible situations, humans are capable of doing a lot more than they think... So, will you join me?" At this point, Ganti strode out, valiantly. “Well, you guys can try to do this by yourselves,” She said, puffing out her chest “Or you could talk to my husband. He’s probably ridiculously stronger than whatever guy you’re talking about! Should I go get him?” She said boastfully, like Fitz’s strength were her own. Then her eyes dropped and she lowered her voice. “But I don’t know where he is… And I didn’t see him in the bar…” She put a finger to her mouth. “I wonder where Fitz ran off to…” She thought out loud.

+~+~+~

As the strange character talked to Fitz, the thief blurted in "...Look again in your book and recognize your folly. The body that this glittering fool robbed me--!" With great speed, the Caster of Shadows swung his umbrella with enormous force, sending him flying and pulling the chain tight on Fitz’s leg, but Fitz stood unmoving, arms crossed. The Shadow Caster violently grew in size, his darkness growing, crows cawing viciously, growing a single wing. It flapped with excessive force, blasting the souls with cold air. The form was an impressive change. Almost intimidating. The new being spoke, voice like a legion of soldiers "Fool! Do you not know who you are speaking with? Even the maggots that will feast on your miserable corpse have more intelligence and respect for death and judgement! Hold your tongue before I devour your poor excuse for a soul!" Fitz watch as the soul was confronted. He noticed the Jeannot open his mouth to protest. Rolling his eyes, Fitz grabbed the chain, and sent a blast of aura down it, knocking the wind out of Jeannot before he could utter a word. Then, yanking the chain, Jeannot flew threw the air and landed on the ground behind him. “Mortals…” He said condescendingly to the Caster of Shadows as he gestured to the paralyzed thief. “Where were we?” He asked as he continued his conversation with the Evergrowing Shadow. As Fitz ended, the Shadow Caster began, a surprised quirk of his head cast in Fitz's direction, "You put two and two together rather quickly, I see. Very well, but that is not the only thing to be exchanged, god of light. There are three things I require you to do before I can let you leave my domain and back into the land of the living. First, you must remove your other half from my place amongst the Umbra Order, as you know. Having a pathetic pseudo form of myself is insulting." Halcyon wouldn’t like to hear you say that Fitz thought as he nodded, intently listening. "You are to slay the High Priest of the Umbra Order, and... You are to bring this soul back to me." Said the vile god as he turned to Jeannot. Now those two, Fitz thought I’m gonna have a problem with…

"Do we have a deal?"

“Of course!” Fitz said, laughing and putting his hands on his hips. “I have no emotional attachtment to this being. If he wasn’t tethered to me, you could have him now! And as for the High Priest, easier done than said.” Fitz said, turning to Jeannot and winking. This pleased the shadow immensely. He cawed with his crows with trepidation, and pulled a scroll from his beak. “Then it is settled! Well, almost. Just sign here.” Fitz grabbed the dark feather and eloquently signed his name; Fitz Alphagenoi. The scroll dissappeard, and an exit appeared. Light enveloped Fitz and the Valley began to fade as the Shadows last words echoed; "Until we meet again, Soul Thief..." With a jolt, Fitz was in Jeannot's body again. He emerged in his spirit form and smiled at Jeannot. “Well, that went swimmingly!” He said, grinning from ear to ear.

138 Re: Playground of the Omniverse IC on Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:38 pm

Rhaevnn Xeno

Forum God
Forum God
~In The Beginning~
Time: First Hour and Second Quarter of MiddleDay

Tutmose; Western Gate
[Kresnik]

A radio-filtered gasp came from helmeted guard as Kresnik's gauntleted fists defended against the guard's follow up stabbing motion towards Kresnik, the electricity crackling down the metallic armguard. The blunt end of his weapon whirled around to catch the space between Kresnik's neck and shoulder, but it was again blocked. The spear's blade immediately followed up with a stabbing motion to the dhampir's shoulder, but it was stopped by the violator's hand and deflected upward, catching the guard's onslaught off balance and forcing the pole arm's blunt end to attempt a counter attack. No matter how many angles the guard attempted, Kresnik would manage minor wounds and avoid any major damage, dodging, deflecting, or taking minor bruises or blade-induced wounds.

While the dhampir would be unable to see his opponents face, his body language spoke it all. The aggressive stance the armored individual had taken was quickly turning into one of desperation. Kresnik was too fast - and the guard knew it. The guard's voice spat from his helmet, his voice betraying even more how desperate the situation was coming. "Help me out!" He cried as Kresnik suddenly disengaged, spattering his wound's trickling blood around the scene, like a gristly painter. The gun-wielding guard suddenly cried out, harshly in a feminine voice, static giving way to the sheer volume she was trying to project through her helmet, "Freeze, arrival!" But as the gun rose to an offensive stance, Kresnik's sanguine blade followed thrust forward in an immediate action, the tip audibly crunching through the pole armed guard's armor and tickling his now exposed throat. The whole scene stopped with a sudden deadliness, Kresnik's voice dominating the scene, "Check." The crowd behind them gave an audible gasp, quickly joining the ones that had already backed up from the beginning of the conflict.

The polearmed guard dropped his weapon, hands now up, and a back step taken while still frozen in place, attempting to inch away his neck bloody blade. The female guard paused for a brief, shocked moment, before barking, "Don't do anything stupid, arrival! Let's talk about this!" A finger splayed hand slowly began to reach out from her spaced position, as if she were directing traffic to stop.

Unknown to Kresnik, however, inside the helmets of the guards, voices were springing up:

"Tower Four, this is GateKeep Three - GateKeep One is having a disturbance."
"This is Tower Four - what's going on down there?"
"Unknown individual holding Gate-shield Two hostage, attempting to contact Gateshield Three, but unresponsive. We believe it may be some sort of radio error"
"Patch me in anyway."
"I am advising against that Tower Four - The static could cause all airwaves in GateKeep Three to--"
"Fuck the static and patch me in, dammit!"
"Patching now."
"Gateshield Three, this is Tower Four--"

From Kresnik's point of view, the guard was suddenly talking to herself, "Requesting immediate backup, arrival is armed and dangerous, I repeat, arrival is armed and--!" Suddenly, she would drop the ground, weapon dropped and both hands where her ears were supposed to be. However, she quickly recovered, picking up her weapon, continuing her statement, "He's dangerous and we need help no-!"

The female guard suddenly stopped, weapon that was once raised slowly dropping. Though it was obvious she was not happy about it, she transformed her gun back into baton as she waved the dhampir onward. If he gave any appearance of being confused or startled, she would bark, "Move along, arrival - you're free to go!"

If Kresnik decided to sheath his weapon, he would find no resistance. However, as he walked away, someone called after him, "Wait up for me, sir! Don't forget your assistant!" If Kresnik turned, he would see an elf limping towards him, his jester hat jingling with every crippled step. "After all, I do have your papers, yes?" If Kresnik made any slight inclination through word or gesture, the female guard would tense, and the now re-armed guard would follow suite. The elf would give a knowing, close mouth smile, as if desperately trying to convey a message. If the pause lasted longer than a few seconds, Kresnik would suddenly hear the tiniest of whispers in the ear facing away from the guards. "Take it or leave it, mate. I'm the one who got you out."

However, if Kresnik accepted the "assistant instantly, (or after a close call), the gates of Tutmose would make way for both night hunter and crippled elf, a shuttered, thick, metallic door opening and then closing with a pressurized hiss.

The city before the pair would be familiar to one, strange to another. Regardless, it would be mixture of filth and wood, traffic already pushing them to the side as cart and being made their way to The Grand Road - the street that, if followed to its entirety, would lead directly to The Highs. Others made their way to the left or right in a the open cul-de-sac, disappearing in smaller streets and alleys of The Highs.

The elf tugged at a loose strand of hair in an odd salute as he stated, "Thanks for going along with the ruse, mate. Best of luck to you!" He then began to limp away…

++++

Old Boar's Inn; Kuroda's Quarters
[Missile]

Missile's careful steps on the lush, green grass were quiet - excellently quiet. She was able to weave through the maze of pink blossoms and beautiful smelling air before seeing a glimpse of her host's head, facing to whomever she was speaking to. The whispers grew more and more audible with each passing step, however, Missile had caught in the middle of a conversation. The voices mixed between Japanese and English, creating an odd sounding conversation to say the least, but she would soon be able to hear the whispers clearly; though to say that the conversation was "whispers" would be an understatement by the time Missile was able to see Kuroda.

"These missions must stop!"
"You expect me to abandon everything - to give up on the quest?"
"My dear, you cannot do it alone. To do so…"
"To do so' is what? Foolish?! Honorable?!"
"Dangerous."
"Dammit!" Why do you have to interfere? To prevent me from his work, his dream?!"
"Because those days are past!"
"If they are past, why does this place still suffer?!"
"This place is good!"
"But the foundation it sits upon is--!"

Suddenly, the female voice that Kuroda had been talking to stopped, its hooded head half turning in the direction of Missile. Suddenly, a smoke cloud appeared swallowing Kuroda and the hooded individual.

If Missle did not hear the soft padding of grass behind her, a swift and strong arm would wrap around her neck in a vicious headlock, the back of blade poking roughly against her spine, a deadly whisper issued into her ear, "Don't. Move."

"That is my guest, daughter!"

The blade was removed with a push of Kuroda's hand, a glare directed at the face that was so close to Missile's. Quickly removing her grip, the hooded woman took two steps back, arms slowly crossing, ignoring the glare from her mother. Frosty silence hung in the air before the daughter rolled her eyes, bowed slightly, hands held together as she grumbled, " Please, accept my humble apologies, honored guest, for my hasty actions."

Kuroda's gentle smile returned as she dusted off Missile, gesturing towards the hooded woman. "My dear, this is my daughter, Ayuna." Ayuna looked Missile up and down before giving a slight nod in her direction. Kuroda gestured back to the bath, speaking as she did, "Please, let us continue the story." As Kuroda slowly began walking back to the clearing, Ayuna began to stalk away in the opposite direction, cringing furiously as Kuroda called over her shoulder, "Please bring some tea, will you daughter?"

"Of course." Ayuna stated through gritted teeth, giving Missile the stink eye if the diclonius was still looking back at the kitsune's daughter…

++++

Old Boar's Inn; Bar
[Chad M.F./Ganti/James]

James would be surprised by Chad's actions and have very little time to protest as Chad practically dragged him over the counter (causing James to stumble) and then practically go into a coughing fit as Chad's smoke bomb exploded over the bar. The shark man began to bought violently as Chad ducked behind the swinging doors into the kitchen Missile had not passed through not a quarter ago.. When finally free of the toxic fumes of the smoke bomb, James began to protest"I don't think -koff- we're supposed to -hack- be in--" James wouldn't get very far however, as music suddenly began to play and a touching speech was brought to this world. James would at Chad oddly as the Master Funk spoke (supposedly) inspirational words, looking sincerely and meaningfully trying to persuade James. The cowboy would shrug off Chad's hand if he tried to make contact with the cowboy, brushing off his vest as Chad finished. The cowboy was about to begin speaking but Ganti cut in, "“Well, you guys can try to do this by yourselves,” She said, puffing out her chest “Or you could talk to my husband. He’s probably ridiculously stronger than whatever guy you’re talking about! Should I go get him?” She spoke with confidence and it made James smile. “But I don’t know where he is… And I didn’t see him in the bar…” She put a finger to her mouth. “I wonder where Fitz ran off to…” She thought out loud. "Well, i mean, between this Fitz and well." James shrugged, "Me, I guess, we can help you out, frie--"

Suddenly the swinging doors crashed in, a rough, sandpaper feeling limb practically smashed through and the all too familiar raspy bass voice roared after the limb. "I TOLD YOU PUNKS TO CLEAR OUT - DIDN'T MEAN RUN INTO HERE!" Ganti would feel a giant "hand" envelope wrap over her head and lift her straight off the ground. "THOUGHT YOU WERE SMART WITH THE SMOKE?" Beady eyes glared at Chad, "I DON'T NEED MY EYES, WEAKSAUCE - ALL I NEED IS MY NOSE!" To be fair, Chad's plan had been a decent one, and his smoke bomb effective. However, Ganti's last minute dash to the door had caused the barkeeper to catch the last glimpse (or rather wiff) of her as the smoke began to cleared by the flailing of the man shark's fin-like hands.

Ganti could feel the beastly muscles winding up to throw, but then something happened. At that moment, behind the second door leading into the storage room, the medusa's head, as well as another head, poke out from behind the door. "Bruuuce…" Medusa said with a cautious voice, "Whaaaat's going ooon…?" At this point, time held still, either party surprised by the other's appearance...

139 Re: Playground of the Omniverse IC on Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:20 am

eraldocoil

Keyboard Puncher
Keyboard Puncher
The shark suddenly bolted through the swinging doors and grabbed Ganti by the head. "THOUGHT YOU WERE SMART WITH THE SMOKE?" Bruce's beady eyes glared at Chad, "I DON'T NEED MY EYES, WEAKSAUCE - ALL I NEED IS MY NOSE!" Chad could not take Bruce seriously after he opened his mouth, his face clearly showed that. "Really?" Chad thought, "Out of all the insults he could have used... 'weaksauce?'" Chad was about to negotiate with the shark man to release Ganti but, behind the second door leading into the storage room, the medusa's head, as well as another head, poked out. "Bruuuce…" Medusa said with a cautious voice, "Whaaaat's going ooon…?"

Chad's expression went through another change. He took on a cute innocent look and blushed as the medusa came in. "Hey there, beautiful!" Chad says blushing and smiling softly. After the introduction was made Chad continues, "You see, I was on my way to make my super awesome team to save the universe until THIS MEANY decided to come and hurt people!" Chad explains childishly.

Last edited by eraldocoil on Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total

140 Re: Playground of the Omniverse IC on Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:22 pm

Nilly

RP'er
RP'er
Missile huddled up against a tree as she watched - well, rather listened - to the argument, staring in confusion as she tried to keep pace with the mixed languages. What on...?

A cloud of smoke wrapped around the two and she took a step back immediately. Fucking ninjas, she swore as she looked around, but she hesitated: Whoever it was, Kuroda knew, and she was hardly going to upset her host.

The footsteps didn't surprise her - though the chokehold did. "Nnk!" The knife against her back was an unwelcome feeling and she gnashed her teeth.

"Don't. Move."

"No intentions, sweetheart," she muttered.

Kuroda's words surprised her and she turned around when the grip was rescinded, backing up against the tree and crossing her own arms as she glared at the newcomer. At the apology, she just shrugged and replied, "Don't apologize unless you mean it. You didn't know who I was. No big deal."
She looked at Kuroda and managed a half-smile, following her back to the tree. She glanced back at Ayuna, though didn't glare back - more of a half-pitying, half-jealous look. Of all the things she'd never known, it had to be a mother: All she really had were Nikita's half-forgotten memories.

She sat down again with Kuroda, and after a moment, she picked her cup of tea back up and stared down at it again. "Um, Kuroda, I believe I need to go back up to my room soon. I want to hear the end of the story, still," she added, "But I need to check on the tavern's bard. He came home drunk this morning."

http://tworedheadsonekitchen.blogspot.com/

141 Dissertation on Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:00 pm

Fitz

Keyboard Puncher
Keyboard Puncher
The cowboy was in mid speech when Ganti heard a booming voice; "I TOLD YOU PUNKS TO CLEAR OUT - DIDN'T MEAN RUN INTO HERE!" All of a sudden, she was being lifted from the ground by her head. She heard her captive yelling at the weird clothes guy and the cowboy. Ganti hung limp. She raised her finger in order to object with some sassy remark when she heard a questioning voice. "Bruuuce…" a tentative womans voice rang out "Whaaaat's going ooon…?" Hey, it’s that lady who I got thrown into out in the bar! She thought. Isn’t she the one that ran off shouting that name? Ganti pondered, still limply hanging from this “Bruce”’s hand.

She looked over at Chad (which was the only direction she could look, considering her head was in Bruces hand) "Hey there, beautiful!" He said, putting on a ridiculously flirtatious face. “Oh no. Oh Gods no. Don’t you flirt right now…” Ganti muttered as she saw him blush slightly. She reached up and tapped the hand holding her in midair. “Can you believe this guy?” She asked Bruce. Chad continued his childish charade. “You see, I was on my way to make my super awesome team to save the universe until THIS MEANY decided to come and hurt people!” Ganti folded her arms and continued to talk to her captor. “I mean, really? That’s just childish! Who uses the word “Meany” anyways? I liked your insult much better! It sounds like something my husband would say; ‘Weaksauce’. You know, back on earth, where he came from, wait you know about Earth right? I think its another dimension. Anywho, back on Earth, Fitz (that's my husband) would...” Ganti would continue spieling, one arm across her abdomen, the other waving in the air, eyes closed with a smile, and when Ganti starts spieling, nothing could stop her.

142 Familiar Surroundings on Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:17 am

Pajamas

Lurker
Lurker
Happy Birthday Rhaevnn Xeno!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He drew shallow breath...

Breath?!

A soul doesn't breath! He attempted to breath again, deeper than before, but his lungs heaved in protest and he began to cough. He opened his eyes. Souls don't have eyes either... He saw nothing and felt gel provide resistance as his eyelids moved. He sat up tearing the flimsy tape that held his body gently in place, now knowing where he was. The electromagnetic field that held his body hovering over the flat hard surface of the retaining bed slowly set him down and he felt the sensation of the cold bed send a shiver up his spine. It had been months since he had been in his own flesh; he felt as if he had returned home. Bracing himself in an upright position with one hand he removed the saline and antibiotic gel mask from his eyes and they perceived the low yellow light that permeated his surroundings.

He immediately took in the familiar surroundings of his laboratory. Many large and sophisticated instruments and machines littered the large, well organized, and sterile feeling lab. He felt nostalgia seep into his bones. His felt numb from the prolonged lack of physical movement and from the side effects of the life support that kept it alive. He took a deep breath and recalled the events that led him back to his lab...  

Just then the other soul emerged from the body before Jeannot with a stupid grin across it's face, and said, “Well, that went swimmingly!”

His only response was, "Please don't speak to me for a while. I am disgusted by your presence and infuriated by your actions but I am too weak like this to even speak."

He busied him self with getting off the retaining bed. Once he had removed all the tubes and tape holding him there he pulled his naked frame off the bed and he walked slowly towards a bath not far from the bed that was set in the floor. A steaming white oily liquid filled it near to the brim and he sank cautiously into it welcoming it's warmth and comfort and closed his eyes.

After a short time he spoke with his eyes still closed, "We will have to see what we can do about making you a body that is more suited to your spiritual prowess."

143 Re: Playground of the Omniverse IC on Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:44 pm

Sessamaru

Lurker
Lurker
[Kresnik]
(^Here's Kresnik's finish Character Sheet)

Kresnik watched the spectacle ravings of the mad woman, bemused as to what exactly was occurring. So, as if to pass time while the guard spoke to herself, he decided to reflect on the things he had learned in his short time here, as if to catalog the knowledge for future reference. Their technology, he had analyzed, was a crude imitation of magic back home. Kresnik, an avid purveyor of arcane knowledge, easily deduced that their armor, their weapons, were of another origin. Not to be confused with the folk back home, who would have thought these folk demons and their weapons magical, the dhampir noticed the absolute tangibility of such equipment and never once felt the harmonizing vibrations of magical energies binding together into a physical construct (one such example being the electricity of the polearm weapon). "Such cheap tricks..." he murmured, unamused by the mortal capacity to try and mimic a primordial force.

Their armor, however, was an aesthetic improvement. It would even fend off the swords and arrows of his own world with such ease that the normal humans would mistaken these people here as gods. He shuddered at the thought, but kept the displeasure from his now stoic face. Their weapons were stronger and made of alien metals, he knew, and he also assumed that the slender, sleek, body-tight armor was also made of the same material. Kresnik, however, only praised the workmanship of the armor's appearance and the new folds of metal within the steel of both armor and weapons. They're no better than the people back home... Kresnik lamented, staring at the guards individually midway through the woman's blathering ("Gods, can't she shut the Hell up for one minute?" he complained mentally, a tiny afterthought of his analysis). They're unskilled in proper combat and they still can't disable the forces of magic and magical constructs... he concluded. Before he could go back to cataloging further information, he was interrupted by a surprising remark.

For the first time since arriving, Kresnik's jaw dropped and his eyes bulged. "Free to go?" He asked, skeptical. He shook his head, lowering his blade. The dhampir then noticed a limping... elf? He looked far different from the elves back home, who were tricky, gaunt, and sadistic creatures with eyes full of malice and an insatiable appetite for infants. This man's eyes, though full of mischief, were absent of any sort of ill-will. Catching on quick to the scheme, Kresnik nodded to the elf. "Yes, indeed you do. However, it would have been best if you've done this sooner." He told the elf callously in response to the paperwork. Letting go of the blood sword, the spell dispersed and his blood returned to him, healing the wound instantaneously once the blood returned fully to his body. However, the rest of his wounds remained, tiny scratches and cuts that would heal swiftly in time.

Giving a mocking bow to the guards, Kresnik followed the elf. Once they were cleared of the guards and now officially within the city, the elf gave his adieu. "Not so fast," Kresnik began, eying the crippled elf. "Who are you and why did you help me?" The dhampir demanded more than asked, his eyes narrowing in suspicion.

144 Questions on Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:38 am

Fitz

Keyboard Puncher
Keyboard Puncher
Hmph. Well, see if I help next time death incarnate threatens you... Fitz thought as he reentered Jeannot's body. I wish this guy would give me some information... Fitz still had no idea where he was, or who this guy was. He knew his name was Jeannot; the Caster of Shadows had given him that much. Also, he was a "Soul Thief". I guess that means he... steals souls?? Damn it, that's what got us into this mess... Fitz thought. Before he could think any further, however, Jeannot spoke. "We will have to see what we can do about making you a body that is more suited to your spiritual prowess." Fitz emerged from the body and looked at Jeannot bathing in a weird liquid. "What? Building a body? Nevermind that, first things first," Fitz shook his metaphysical head. "Who are you, and where am I?"

145 Casual conversation on Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:49 pm

Pajamas

Lurker
Lurker
The other soul retreated within his body after he asked it not to talk. It made him shiver rather violently. He still wasn't used to the feeling of another soul in his body.

After half an hour or so of soaking he was feeling up to a conversation. He spoke his mind:

"We will have to see what we can do about making you a body that is more suited to your spiritual prowess."

The other soul emerged from Jeannot's body and hovering over him and the bath it asked, "What? Building a body? Nevermind that, first things first," It shook its intangible head. "Who are you, and where am I?"

"Agreed, I think I would like to know who you are as well, seeing that we are bound so thoroughly." Here he sighed heavily. He felt the soreness of not moving his own body for months. The soothing bath helped but he was still in pain.

"From your tone it sounds like your new. We are in my lab in the Highs of the city of Tutmos in the center of the Omniverse called The Crossroads." He straightened his posture a bit and continued, "I am Jeannot Markos Boisvert, I'm known more infamously as The Soul Thief. I was a Highs born citizen of Tutmos."

146 Re: Playground of the Omniverse IC on Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:29 am

Rhaevnn Xeno

Forum God
Forum God
~In The Beginning~
Time: First Hour and Second Quarter of MiddleDay

Old Boar’s Inn; Kitchen
[Ganti/Chad M.F.]

Both head’s at the door couldn’t help but slowly raise an eyebrow at Chad’s protest, looking from the shark man and then the Master Funk. Everyone only stared at Chad, completely flabbergasted in what to say. Luckily, Ganti filled in the gaps, apparently, completely unphased that she was dangling by her head:

Bruce’s anger slowly faded into confusion at Ganti’s banter, though grumpily casting a “look” at Chad as Ganti’s babbling form was slowly dropped to the floor. This probably would have gone on for several minutes if the medusa had not slithered out from behind the door (the octopus man also stepping out from behind her, looking at his surroundings with the upmost care). Quickly, a scaled hand would remove a bright red apple from the basket that had been cradled on her “hip” and jammed itself in Ganti’s mouth. Hopefully Ganti would be distracted long enough for the medusa to get a word in edgewise, “Well, I mean, she does have a point, mister,” Hazel eyes cast themselves on Chad, “That was a bit childish…” And with speed of a whip, the snake lady cracked a retort on to Bruce, “And really, mister man? Did you have to smash your way into the kitchen? You know how Bart feels about that.” A finned finger rose as a protest came from the ugly mouth, “Madeline, but,” The basket was set down with a huff, “Don’t give me excuses, Bruce. You know the rules. Do you want to make Bart more pissed than he already is? About the you-know-what?”

Bruce would slowly shake his head as Madeline gave a small nod, “Good. Now - thaaank you for coming to my rescue…” She pressed herself up against the floor, rising up to his snout and gave it a small kiss. Bruce shuffled backward, scuffing the floor with a foot as a small growl came from his throat, “…Buuut you should get back to work, right?” The sharkman gave a series of small nods before he began to make his way out the door, but then stopped. Beginning to turn, Madeline put a hand, “Don’t worry, I can handle this.” Another nod and Bruce’s huge frame stomped out of the kitchen.

“Now.” Madeline sighed, straightening her shirt, “Why are you even back here?” Snake eyes looked at Chad evenly…

++++

Old Boar’s Inn; Kuroda’s Quarters
[Missile]

At Missile’s remarks, Ayuna would only look away scornfully - a silent retort that would be issued with her parting glare. All in all, Missile’s reaction would be most likely be noted as passive aggression. But what was one to do? No man could please the world.

At the kitsune and diclonius returned to their original places, the kitsune’s mouth would open only to close as missile explained her current wishes. A small laugh would follow the kitsune’s gentle response, “Then another time, my dear. Life stop for no one.” She would gracefully rise and give a small bow, “You will always be welcome here - as will any fellow countryman.” She began to gather the teacups and teapot, continuing as she did, “Please, forgive my daughter. She is…” Kuroda searched for the right words, actions paused as she did, “…is under a great weight right now. Going through difficult trials.” The kitsune would finish collecting the delicate china with a sigh, “She is usually much more…” A distant look came into her eyes, as is a long gone memory was fleeting past them before she shook herself back into the present at movement behind them. The still masked daughter appeared directly behind her mother, completely ignoring Missile as she gently placed theleather bag in her hand on the ground next to Kuroda. Giving a small bow, she leapt upward, disappearing into the trees. A faint rustle and she was completely gone, or so it would seem. Opening the bag, Kuroda would begin expertly bandaging and applying salve as she wrapped the diclonius's wounds. "Please tell me if you find discomfort in anyway." If all went well, the job would take less than a few minutes, and the kitsune would soon replace all the equipment into the medical bag. "Now, if there is nothing else, my dear..." Kuroda smiled, “I will show you out.”

If Missile ad nothing more to say, the kitsune would show her guest through the maze of pink foliage and open the decorative sliding door. “Sayonara, little grasshopper.” She would say in farewell, gently closing the entrance to paradise with a small tap…

++++

The Lows; Western Gate
[Kresnik]

But the elf would not stop - away, he kept limping, only turning to the side with a staggered side glance as he called over his loosely clad shoulder with a mischievous smirk, “If you really, want the answer to that, mate,” A lazy wink was cast in the direction of dhampir as his thin frame swung around to continue his way towards a muddied boardwalk that stretched down the length of the main road, the bard’s instrument clunk against his hip, “You’ll have to follow me!”

If the dhampir’s patience were to wear thin and not pursue the elvish bard, he would find himself without much resistance. The crowd would be similar to his tastes back home and possibly more. The people here were clad in all manner of medieval garb, mixed with ragged or “common” clothing - a mix of grunge, monk robes, tight leather armor, billowing, loose dresses, and countless more of variety. Also, the amount of bristling weapons would be evident - even the small child, who held his mother’s hand had a dagger strapped to his belt. Danger was obvious, but a part of everyday life in The Lows.

If he somehow ended scaling to the rooftops of the slums of The Lows (either to the left or the right of where he had last seen the elf), the night hunter would see this city was massive - and even that would be a grand understatement. The glory of higher walls in the distance, the uneven landscape of buildings rising and falling with the housing and businesses of The Lows.

Or, if he preferred to follow the elf’s footsteps, Kresnik would find bustling activity shoring the boardwalks and muddied (and whatever remained of the broken cobble) Main Street. If one were to find work, it would be here - any of the shops that were on the main strip were bound to have some sort of trouble, whether it be villains or monsters. Signs that would blatantly stand out would be flashing or literally blazing the words of “Madame’s Own Tailoring,” “Gacon’s”, or “Fight Club.”

However, if Kresnik was in the suitable and pursuing mood, and caught up with the elf (which would not be too difficult), he would be met with silence. After making their way into the crowd, a side glance would be given to the dhampir, a slow grin coming onto the bard’s face as the hat matched every limp with a jingle. Finally, after several minutes, the elf would pipe up.

“Apologies, mate. But I’m not the type to give such reasons why I do things, and especially who I am in the open.” Indicating with a roll of his eyes, he would continue, “Even here, I wouldn’t give my name. But why I decided to help you?” A shrug was given. “Call it, ‘earning karma.’ Everyone needs it, right?” The cittern clunked against his side once more, but a wrapped hand quickly placed it behind a wiry back. “Also…” A quick up-down glance was given from the corner of his eye. “It doesn’t hurt to help out someone who could offer a favor, aye?”

A meaningful side-look was given to Kresnik as they continued to weave through the never ending stream of The Lows’ Main Road, “And it just so happens, I need a favor, but I’ll explain when we get there.”

If Kresnik questioned where “there” was, the elf would give a laugh as he attempted to swing an arm around the dhampir’s neck. “Where else, mate? The Old Boar’s Inn!”

+~+~+

~Long Live The King~
Time: First Hour and First Quarter of MiddleDay

???; Jeannot’s Lab
[Jeannot/Fitz]

In the midst of their conversation, however, Jeannot would suddenly feel something - and it would be far from pleasant.

The aching he had felt would soon turn into something much, much worse: sheer pain. All at once, it would hit the soul thief like a truck, in the exact places that The Caster of Shadows had intently inflicted his bruising and bone breaking blows in The Valley of the Shadow of Death.

At first, Jeannot may not remember why such pain was surging from his spine and behind his ribcage, but the lessons of his previous master would echo from death, “If death does not claim, all things received in the spiritual world, both good and bad, must go somewhere.” In other words, while Jeannot had escaped from The Evergrowing Shadow’s wrath (for the most part), the soul thief was paying dearly the price of escape. His back would not be broken, but heavily bruised; unfortunately, however, four of his ribs had not received such luck. Moving his arms would be agonizing, and twisting any which way would feel like a fistful of needles to the lungs. The pain itself would be enough to send any man crashing into the arms of unconsciousness - and who could blame Jeannot? The man had been through a lot in the past few moments... But the preparation of such punishment could be at least tolerated due to the years of training he had relieved from his now dead master.

But despite his injuries, one thing would be for certain - the soul thief was, most certainly, alive.

Last edited by Rhaevnn Xeno on Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:35 pm; edited 2 times in total

147 To the Pain on Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:42 am

Pajamas

Lurker
Lurker
Something was wrong and Jeannot realized it too late. After he uttered the sentence, "I was a Highs born citizen of Tutmos," his back spasmed and his whole body ceased in a massive tumult of pain. In what was perhaps the most painful and constricted voice he had ever felt Jeannot barely made the word, "Help" audible, desperate for Fitz would hear it...

148 Not on my watch on Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:46 am

Fitz

Keyboard Puncher
Keyboard Puncher
"Agreed, I think I would like to know who you are as well, seeing that we are bound so thoroughly." Jeannot looked and breathed heavily.
"From your tone it sounds like your new. We are in my lab in the Highs of the city of Tutmose in the center of the Omniverse called The Crossroads." At this point, the man seemed to prop himself up, inflating his body with his pride. "I am Jeannot Markos Boisvert, I'm known more infamously as The Soul Thief. I was a Highs born citizen of Tutmose-" Fitz looked at the man who was soaking in the immiscible fluid. The man winced visibly. He appeared faint; pain was overtaking the body. He heard a faint, weak "Help..." uttered from Jeannot in his failing conscious. "I finally got you speaking," Fitz said, "I'm not gonna lose this opportunity for info!" Fitz dashed in and took over the body. Jeannot was just as easily taken over in this body as he was in the last. Jeannots appearance changed again; it looked like the old body he had disintegrated. "There we go! Just got you talking, I can't have you blacking out-" Fitz was cut off by sharp pain in his body. He thrashed in the liquid, shouting for a bit, before he finally slunk deep into the liquid. "Yeah... that would have knocked you out..." He moaned. Thankfully, his pain tolerance was much higher than a humans. He crawled out of the tub and put on the mans clothes, wincing with every step. A couple of broken ribs, bruised back. Nothing fatal though. Fitz breathed a sigh of relief, even though it pained his lungs; he really didn't feel like dealing with the Caster of Shadows again this soon. "Soo... can you come out of this body yet? Have you learned that?"

149 Re: Playground of the Omniverse IC on Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:01 am

Sessamaru

Lurker
Lurker
[Kresnik]

The dhampir grew frustrated as he looked to and fro, contemplating about quelling his own curiosity by simply forgetting the elf. However... he felt compelled to find out about the elf, so he followed the creature with great reluctance. He felt slightly at home, but the very thought of the feeling sickened him; the dead god he had sealed away for all eternity, forever to remain a part of the Dark World, had revealed to him the taint and corruption of his own home. There is only death and decay and dominion... there is no such place as a home, no such thing as peace and prosperity... he lamented, his eyes glowing with the ire of such knowledge. As he caught up to the elf, he looked at him and merely listened. Kresnik understood very well the danger of a name could be, for it could incite panic or incur the greed of mercenaries, assassins, or others of such ilk. Names were more dangerous than any blade, than any spell; for names had power, influence over the will of all things. When he heard the explanation of karma, and then the mention of a favor, Kresnik arched a brow.

"Where are we going, exactly?" He asked, his tone one of curiosity.

“Where else, mate? The Old Boar’s Inn!” the elf explained.

"Never heard of the place. I just arrived," Kresnik remarked, his tone nonchalant. "However, what's so special about this inn? Where is it? Why do you act as if this place is safer than any other?" He added, once again curious.

150 Lets build together on Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:32 am

Pajamas

Lurker
Lurker
After his plea he heard the other soul say something though because of the pain he couldn't understand it. Immediately after it spoke the other soul entered his body and seized control, he didn't fight if the other soul took over the body he would take the pain as well. The relief was instant. And equally as instantaneously he felt the other soul receive the pain and his body began to thrash in the bath.

All he could do was wait. But shortly after the thrashing stopped and he heard the others soul's voice through his own body,  

"Yeah... that would have knocked you out..."

The other soul was able to take the pain and still move. It was an impressive spirit. His body was propelled out of the bath by the other soul.

His body would need to be repaired as soon as possible and it would be faster if they weren't in it.

When it had pulled some clothes onto the body the other soul asked, "Soo... can you come out of this body yet? Have you learned that?"

Offended Jeannot, "Of course I do! Just stab the sparkling end of the dual bladed nice into my chest and pull it out slowly. Who do you think I am! We need to get out of this body quickly so that I can repair it. In order to do that we will go ahead and build you body and transfer ourselves to it. It should only take a few hours as I have everything necessary on hand here in the lab. I can answer your questions while we work. If you can handle the pain for that long." A metaphoric sigh, "It feels like like I'm going to have to replace my whole rib cage... There seems to be some spiritual damage..."

So as not to waste time Jeannot began to project mental images to the other soul of ingredients they would need to construct the body and directed him towards an operating table with arms and instruments hanging above it.

"And tell me your name already. I'm sick of thinking of you as "the other soul"!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum